British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Stoke 2016

Apologies. Badly written on my part. I meant Armstrong & RTD confirmed as leaving and Payne rumoured to be following suit.

Ben Wilson would be a good fit and a stand out number 1 in the NL.

rtd confirmed back for the storm

Didn't know that when I posted and rather assumed without substance that he wouldn't be back with Cov.

Stoke certainly have a significant rebuilding job on their hands. They could do with getting at least one but preferably two top heat leaders sorted before there's none left. Payne is likely at BV I imagine but I hope for the Stoke fans that everything is/was done to keep him. With a strong enough top end to compete and Philips doing a solid middle order job it certainly shouldn't be a disastrous season for Stoke, although likely a lot nearer to the bottom than the top. If they could get Wilson that would be a massive boost for them.

• Like 1

Phillips needs to kick on this season but should do a solid job at least. I could see something like;

1. Wilson / Kyle Hughes

2. Burnett

3. Phillips

4. Tedham

5. Atkin

6. 3 pointer

7. 3 pointer

Not done the maths regarding averages but would be a Stoke like team.

What a mixed bunch of signings. Tedham fully deserves another year, Macdonald has had plenty of chances and will continue to fall off constantly.

The return of Ben Wilson however is a major shake up. A top NL number 1 and a sign that Stoke might actually know what they are doing?

Wilson individually is a great signing but I don't think this team is anything to write home about. Widman & a 3.00 to complete??

Just saying i called wilson the other day ;) will be a superb no.1 for stoke, look forward to seeing him at eastbourne.

• Like 1

Good to see Ben Wilson back at Stoke where it went so well for him last time !

• Like 1

Good to see Ben Wilson back at Stoke where it went so well for him last time !

Should be at Sheffield , Richard Hall ... FFS.

Should be at Sheffield , Richard Hall ... FFS.

Richard Hall around Owlerton can be unbeatable and if he has his head screwed on will be a trump card at reserve, don't write him off !

Ben Wilson is a top NL rider but has never pushed on in PL and same for Richard but I think Richard is more capable than Ben of doing that.

Richard Hall around Owlerton can be unbeatable and if he has his head screwed on will be a trump card at reserve, don't write him off !

Ben Wilson is a top NL rider but has never pushed on in PL and same for Richard but I think Richard is more capable than Ben of doing that.

Hall will score at reserve against the draft riders but he wont when he moves up into the number 2 bib , Wilson did in the 2 bib !

• Like 1

Good news from StokeFB page I

------------------------------

I went down to see Dave yeaterday. All the drains are in and working well. We've had a lot of rain recently, but there wasn't a puddle to be seen on the track. Before the drains were sorted, the track and the centre would of resembled a lake after the weather recently. Once the weather improves fresh shale will be layed and we will have an excellent racing surface

• Like 3

Good news from StokeFB page I

------------------------------

I went down to see Dave yeaterday. All the drains are in and working well. We've had a lot of rain recently, but there wasn't a puddle to be seen on the track. Before the drains were sorted, the track and the centre would of resembled a lake after the weather recently. Once the weather improves fresh shale will be layed and we will have an excellent racing surface

Fresh shale, as opposed to what? I know that there has been problems with the drains etc but, there was not a lot of shale last year.