British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alan_Jones

British Youth Championship 2016

This is fantastic news. My son rode in this years series and absolutely loved it. It is organised brilliantly, runs super smoothly and everyone is friendly and helpful. Can't wait for next season!

You don't have to wait for next year: amateur junior speedway is run by Scunthorpe speedway (Richard Hollingsworth) during the close season. The first one is today.

Yh we usually do them. Just can't make tomorrow. Richard does a great job!

Edited by alkadera

Not seen any Youth Championship meetings, but I have added the below comment from Rod Colquhoun, in case it gives food for thought.

* One exciting new initiative for the 2016 Heffernan Motorsport Winter Series will be the introduction of Gold, Silver and Bronze race jackets to be worn by the top three in the series at each round (Top 3 series progress points). This is to assist members of the crowd to indentify the leading riders more easily on the track.

Neil Vatcher will be the next guest at the NSSC along with Lewis Kerr on Thursday 14th January at 8pm.

Neil is saving a couple of major announcements for the evening regarding sponsorship and venues for the 2016 Youth Championships.

Every penny raised from these events goes to help the Young Lions. Everybody welcome, admission for non-members is £3.00.

For more details; http://www.nuneatonspeedwaysupportersclub.co.uk

• Like 1

Are kids welcome? My son is 13 and races in the youth championship so would like to come along to this...

What a nice variety of shapes and sizes of tracks. Plus a major coup of getting a round at the new Belle Vue stadium. Hats off to all those who organise the meetings and to each club who offer up a venue.

• Like 3

Confirmation that the 2nd Round of the British Youth Championship scheduled to be staged at Belle Vue on Sunday 24 April, has been postponed, with a new date to be announced:

http://www.younglionsspeedway.co.uk/round-2-of-the-mitas-british-youth-championship-at-belle-vue-is-postponed/

watching the speedway on sky, noticed one of the pit crew holding up a sign. looked like get well soon harry mcguirk, anybody got any news?

watching the speedway on sky, noticed one of the pit crew holding up a sign. looked like get well soon harry mcguirk, anybody got any news?

I believe he broke his leg in the final at Glasgow. Unlucky lad in finals is Harry, remember a scary ride last year at Peterbough when he qualified unbeaten and lost it big style in the Final.

I believe he broke his leg in the final at Glasgow. Unlucky lad in finals is Harry, remember a scary ride last year at Peterbough when he qualified unbeaten and lost it big style in the Final.

Broke his left arm in two places.

Copied and Pasted from Team McGurk Facebook page:

Back home from hospital now, my left arm has broken in two places I can handle the pain but devastated I will miss out on this years world final in torun. But I... would like to wish all the British lads Jordan Palin Danjoe Thompson the best of luck and just give it your all boys.

I would also like thank all the people at the track that helped my mum and dad Paul Bickley, Anthony Bickley, Bob Curl, Tammy Buck and anyone else who helped. Hope to see you all at trackside soon

H

• Like 2