British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve roberts

Steve Gresham

Looks like a good piece! 

It's a bit late now, but I would be interested to know what his thoughts were on an infamous 1982 meeting at Hyde Road, where Steve kicked off Louis Carr, had a centre green scrap with Ian Thomas and then had more fisticuffs with team-mate Bobby Schwartz! No doubt he was a hard rider, but he wasn't averse to cross the line into being down right dirty at times. Always worth watching of course!

• Like 1

Can't wait to get a copy as i enjoyed watching Steve he was also terrific in the test matches for the USA and raised his game for them.Another memory i have  of Steve was a meeting at Eastbourne we had just signed him and he had to ride borrowed aquipment what a heep of junk he was on and i can remember him not being to happy about it a real character.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:27 AM, Sidney the robin said:

Can't wait to get a copy as i enjoyed watching Steve he was also terrific in the test matches for the USA and raised his game for them.Another memory i have  of Steve was a meeting at Eastbourne we had just signed him and he had to ride borrowed aquipment what a heep of junk he was on and i can remember him not being to happy about it a real character.

Hi Sid, it's actually an old article that appeared in Backtrack a couple of years ago.  You've probably got it.

• Thanks 1