British Speedway Forum

The poorest in this country will suffer further shortly, thanks to the public schoolboy, land owning, never worked knobs currently in power..

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/10/housing-target-david-cameron-dismantling-welfare-state

As opposed to bankruptcy for all with the other lot. Actually your description also goes for them as well, except Captain Catweasal that is, who also happens to be a millionaire, i am led to believe.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

As opposed to bankruptcy for all with the other lot. Actually your description also goes for them as well, except Captain Catweasal that is who also happens to be a millionaire, i am led to believe.

When I posted this, I wondered if you'd be the first to respond... :t:

I don't like any of them...

As opposed to bankruptcy for all with the other lot. Actually your description also goes for them as well, except Captain Catweasal that is who also happens to be a millionaire, i am led to believe.

Brought about by having to save the Banks who cheated their way to nearly bankrupting this country.

• Like 1

The poorest in this country will suffer further shortly, thanks to the public schoolboy, land owning, never worked knobs currently in power..

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/10/housing-target-david-cameron-dismantling-welfare-state

OI !!!

I worked all of my life until I retired at 61. Not all Public Schoolboys lead 'the life of Riley'.

Brought about by having to save the Banks who cheated their way to nearly bankrupting this country.

Ignoring, of course, the part that the Labour government did to provide that situation, when the finances were woefully weak and unable to ride the difficulties. Never a good idea to try and rewrite the history to cover your erse.

When I posted this, I wondered if you'd be the first to respond... :t:

I don't like any of them...

I dispute your assessment of the current situation, but just think it could have affected everyone and the country, if Labour had bankrupted the nation and we were well on the way to do so.

• Like 3

What do you mean "get real?" I live in NZ it was a genuine question. IT's also quite rare for a housing crisis to impact a whole country, generally it impacts specific areas only, hence the question with regards to Swindon.

certainly I've seen quite educated/knowledgeable folk, such as SCB and Sir HA, dispute that there is shortage of housing in the UK, and they have pointed out that there are actually many vacant buildings in parts of the country.

The problem is that Swindon is a growing 'new' town because it's along the M4 corridor, generally has good employment prospects and is semi-affordable by the standards of the South(-East) of England (along Swindon is technically in the South-West.

There's also the fact that ramshackle old sports stadiums are relatively cheaper and more desirable to redevelop than other sites, plus in Toryshire they generally don't want/care about speedway as a general rule.

In parts of the country though, there are indeed a huge number of empty and derelict houses. Unfortunately there's also poor employment prospects as well.

What do you mean "get real?" I live in NZ it was a genuine question. IT's also quite rare for a housing crisis to impact a whole country, generally it impacts specific areas only, hence the question with regards to Swindon.

certainly I've seen quite educated/knowledgeable folk, such as SCB and Sir HA, dispute that there is shortage of housing in the UK, and they have pointed out that there are actually many vacant buildings in parts of the country.

The problem is that Swindon is a growing 'new' town because it's along the M4 corridor, generally has good employment prospects and is semi-affordable by the standards of the South(-East) of England (along Swindon is technically in the South-West.

There's also the fact that ramshackle old sports stadiums are relatively cheaper and more desirable to redevelop than other sites, plus in Toryshire they generally don't want/care about speedway as a general rule.

In parts of the country though, there are indeed a huge number of empty and derelict houses. Unfortunately there's also poor employment prospects as well.

What part of the above is your actual response Humphrey?

Don't know anyone from Swindon who has moved to Newport, although know a few peeps who have moved to Chepstow, Caldicot, Monmouth, Wye Valley, Swansea, and Pembrokeshire. My daughter loved being at Uni in Swansea.

I was illustrating a point rather than being literal.

And God only knows why anyone would want to live in Chepstow or Caldicot. Pembrokeshores not cheap either as it where retired Londoners move to. Again, not sure why, miles from anywhere. Yes it nice in the summer but just visit for a holiday!

What part of the above is your actual response Humphrey?

Even I can work that out but as you seem to like being awkward....... :lol: This bit.... The problem is that Swindon is a growing 'new' town because it's along the M4 corridor, generally has good employment prospects and is semi-affordable by the standards of the South(-East) of England (along Swindon is technically in the South-West.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

I find it very disturbing and a sad reflection on speedway in the 21st Century but with the loss of Reading and Oxford (whether the sport returns to Cowley remains a huge question mark?) and now possibly Swindon will mean that the Thames Valley will no longer have a representation. Considering that London hasn't had a team in years and I understand that Coventry is also under threat (I meet people form all parts of the country in my employment within the museum industry) it's certainly a worrying trend.

Even I can work that out but as you seem to like being awkward....... :lol: This bit.... The problem is that Swindon is a growing 'new' town because it's along the M4 corridor, generally has good employment prospects and is semi-affordable by the standards of the South(-East) of England (along Swindon is technically in the South-West.

The sort of terse reply one gets on the BSF - thanks (!!!) Gemini. My question to Humphrey was straight forward and it didn't need you to pole your hooter into the scenario. One could detect Humphrey's reply with a little research but for a first time viewer who did not back track to the original Post leading to Humphrey's response that wasn't the case in my personal opinion.

Edited by Guest

terse?!? lmfao! gemini's reply was far politer than you would have got from anyone else

That's certainly the case in regard to some of the replies you put on the BSF!

it didn't need you to pole your hooter into the scenario.

I'll translate that for you Gemini...

It really means "Thank you for answering my question. I realise it was a very stupid question, as any fool could see which bits Humphrey had added. However I was being an awkward troll and already knew the answer"

• Like 3

I find it very disturbing and a sad reflection on speedway in the 21st Century but with the loss of Reading and Oxford (whether the sport returns to Cowley remains a huge question mark?) and now possibly Swindon will mean that the Thames Valley will no longer have a representation. Considering that London hasn't had a team in years and I understand that Coventry is also under threat (I meet people form all parts of the country in my employment within the museum industry) it's certainly a worrying trend.

Speedway is fekked, the average fan can see it, its just the powers that be cant see it.

There is a culture within the sport of living for today and fekk tomorrow.