British Speedway Forum

As I've commented previously a statement from Terry Russell would be appreciated?

He's already given a statement stating that he hoped we would be in the new stadium next season but that the safety net is there that the Old Abbey will not be touched until such a time as we can move in (if that ever happens of course).

He's already given a statement stating that he hoped we would be in the new stadium next season but that the safety net is there that the Old Abbey will not be touched until such a time as we can move in (if that ever happens of course).

It all seems very vague to me! I was informed that the 'old' stadium is being demolished as we speak by some Swindon folk I met a couple of weeks ago?

I've sent an email to the dog people requesting information as, apparently, they are still operating?

It all seems very vague to me! I was informed that the 'old' stadium is being demolished as we speak by some Swindon folk I met a couple of weeks ago?

I've sent an email to the dog people requesting information as, apparently, they are still operating?

Do you not think that if anything was being done to the present stadium that there would be an uproar on this forum and elsewhere, try thinking for yourself and do not rely on rumour.

The away team pits were demolished mid way through last season in order to allow access for the housing developers, but there would need to be planning permission granted before wholesale demolition of the stadium could begin.

As of yet, no detailed planning permission for the new stadium or demolition of the existing stadium had been applied for.

• Like 1

The Dogs will continue, especially the Bags meetings as its income for Stadia UK, so long as they continue then the Tracks are safe, the time to worry will be if/when the Greyhounds stop running until such time as the new track/s are up and running.

Personally i would say its more a case of believe it when you see it with this company.

• Like 1

Do you not think that if anything was being done to the present stadium that there would be an uproar on this forum and elsewhere, try thinking for yourself and do not rely on rumour.

As I live in York I am only able to 'grasp' what I hear from others! As I initiated this thread it was based on a conversation I had with a group of Swindon visitors who explained that demolition had begun. I have tried to obtain information via the internet (yes I am well able to 'think' for myself!) but the information is vague to say the very least. I accessed the Swindon Dogs web-site to find that meetings/bookings were still taking place contrary to what others have been implying. So please don't patronise me with your comments!

The away team pits were demolished mid way through last season in order to allow access for the housing developers, but there would need to be planning permission granted before wholesale demolition of the stadium could begin.

As of yet, no detailed planning permission for the new stadium or demolition of the existing stadium had been applied for.

Thank you for the information. Greatly appreciated!

The Dogs will continue, especially the Bags meetings as its income for Stadia UK, so long as they continue then the Tracks are safe, the time to worry will be if/when the Greyhounds stop running until such time as the new track/s are up and running.

Personally i would say its more a case of believe it when you see it with this company.

Many thanks for the information! It confirms what I have found having accessed the Dog Racing web-site. As I live afar the information I have been given and/or read strongly suggested that the stadium was due for demolition. This is obviously not the case and therefore I can only conclude that speedway will continue for the forceable future at the present location (ie next season) We await with baited breath!

As I live in York I am only able to 'grasp' what I hear from others! As I initiated this thread it was based on a conversation I had with a group of Swindon visitors who explained that demolition had begun. I have tried to obtain information via the internet (yes I am well able to 'think' for myself!) but the information is vague to say the very least. I accessed the Swindon Dogs web-site to find that meetings/bookings were still taking place contrary to what others have been implying. So please don't patronise me with your comments!

Thank you for the information. Greatly appreciated!

Many thanks for the information! It confirms what I have found having accessed the Dog Racing web-site. As I live afar the information I have been given and/or read strongly suggested that the stadium was due for demolition. This is obviously not the case and therefore I can only conclude that speedway will continue for the forceable future at the present location (ie next season) We await with baited breath!

You only have only got to read this web site to find out the present situation is or as you have stated in your last para check out the dog racing prog.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong - but I find that profoundly worrying.

You only have only got to read this web site to find out the present situation is or as you have stated in your last para check out the dog racing prog.

If you say so!

Ignoring, of course, the part that the Labour government did to provide that situation, when the finances were woefully weak and unable to ride the difficulties. Never a good idea to try and rewrite the history to cover your erse.

I dispute your assessment of the current situation, but just think it could have affected everyone and the country, if Labour had bankrupted the nation and we were well on the way to do so.

We had some great years under Labour, but like all party's that stay in power to long, they got to big for their boots, having said all that this shower that's in now have known for years the threats we face from Islamic terrorist, yet they still cut our police force to the bare bones whilst also putting thousands of our forces on the dole. Still never mind because those monsters that attacked Paris on Friday night wouldn't dare do it over here...........would they.

We had some great years under Labour, but like all party's that stay in power to long, they got to big for their boots, having said all that this shower that's in now have known for years the threats we face from Islamic terrorist, yet they still cut our police force to the bare bones whilst also putting thousands of our forces on the dole. Still never mind because those monsters that attacked Paris on Friday night wouldn't dare do it over here...........would they.

Ignoring the fact of course that these cuts are to get us out of the financial mess that your caring lot left us in. Move on. Watch the news and see what this government is preparing to do. Then watch the other bit on the news to see what your leader is not prepared to do.

....and now back to the Swindon Stadium.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

Ignoring the fact of course that these cuts are to get us out of the financial mess that your caring lot left us in. Move on. Watch the news and see what this government is preparing to do. Then watch the other bit on the news to see what your leader is not prepared to do.

Apologies for being off topic but the above post needs to be put into some perspective :-

1. Cameron hasn't a clue about how deep his cuts go...

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/11/david-cameron-letter-cuts-oxfordshire

2. Police force to stop investigating minor crimes..(from the Daily Mail)...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3320883/Surrey-Police-force-says-stop-investigating-minor-crimes-forced-make-25-million-worth-cuts.html

Anyway, it's been a good night for me, I've had an excellent evening out including free meals and filled up the car for zilch too.. :rofl:

Apologies for being off topic but the above post needs to be put into some perspective :-

1. Cameron hasn't a clue about how deep his cuts go...

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/11/david-cameron-letter-cuts-oxfordshire

2. Police force to stop investigating minor crimes..(from the Daily Mail)...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3320883/Surrey-Police-force-says-stop-investigating-minor-crimes-forced-make-25-million-worth-cuts.html

Anyway, it's been a good night for me, I've had an excellent evening out including free meals and filled up the car for zilch too.. :rofl:

,,,,and back to Swindon Stadium.

• Like 2

Unless it is listed, then it is not usually necessary for planning permission to knock down a building. The planning permission is only needed to rebuild and with a derelict eyesore of a piece of land is often granted. Long Eaton/Dudley Wood etc