British Speedway Forum

I prefer to call it pointing out the very serious shortcomings in customer care & consideration by speedway promoters, but unfortunately they ,like yourself are still living in the 1950's.and don't see what they are doing wrong.

Ha ha. It would seem to most that the bad boys are the people providing or not providing the stadium, but that's beyond your narrow stilted thinking. Move on.

Ha ha. It would seem to most that the bad boys are the people providing or not providing the stadium, but that's beyond your narrow stilted thinking. Move on.

You need to read the post more carefully.

My comments are about the running of the end of era meeting, bugger all to do with the stadium owners/builders.

I suggest that is yourself that suffers from narrow thinking, along with your promoter buddies,while you continue to make yourself look a complete fool in attempting to justify their dodgy actions.

• Like 1

SWINDON have unveiled their season ticket details ahead of the 2016 season.

The Robins are gearing up for an exciting year as they move to their new state-of-the-art stadium – and fans can now ensure they will be part of it.

The club have unveiled special prices for supporters who purchase before the end of the year. Season tickets purchased prior to 31/12/2015 are priced at £210 for adults and £160 for senior citizens and students with a programme included at each home meeting, whilst season tickets for children aged 12-16 cost just £25!

In 2016, prices will rise to £225 for adults, £170 for concessions and £30 for children.

Season tickets will be valid for all 14 regular Elite League home fixtures whilst holders will receive rain-off text alerts for both home and away meetings and 10% off tickets for the End of Season Dinner and Dance.

SWINDON have unveiled their season ticket details ahead of the 2016 season.

The Robins are gearing up for an exciting year as they move to their new state-of-the-art stadium – and fans can now ensure they will be part of it.

The club have unveiled special prices for supporters who purchase before the end of the year. Season tickets purchased prior to 31/12/2015 are priced at £210 for adults and £160 for senior citizens and students with a programme included at each home meeting, whilst season tickets for children aged 12-16 cost just £25!

In 2016, prices will rise to £225 for adults, £170 for concessions and £30 for children.

Season tickets will be valid for all 14 regular Elite League home fixtures whilst holders will receive rain-off text alerts for both home and away meetings and 10% off tickets for the End of Season Dinner and Dance.

Must be going to happen then if they are selling season tickets! Couldn't really expect the Grand opening meeting to be included in the season ticket.

I prefer to call it pointing out the very serious shortcomings in customer care & consideration by speedway promoters, but unfortunately they ,like yourself are still living in the 1950's.and don't see what they are doing wrong.

You are absolutely spot-on mate.

• Like 1

Prices rise to £225 in an EL with hardly any top riders!! They will have a great new stadium half empty every week. The prices should be coming down not going up!!

Hi Chris!

I agree entirely! I've been out of the 'speedway loop' for a decade but keep tentative tabs. I always thought this particular thread optimistic knowing how planning works. However there are some who should know better who allowed the story to run raising people's hopes. I only initiated this thread based on a conversation that I had a number of weeks ago with a group from Swindon who appeared to have some evidence that things were moving...since proved to be not the case!

Hope that life in Oxford is fine and that Cowley may soon see some movement but I'm sure that there is still a long way to go.

Wondered if it was you Steve, good to see you are back in circulation. I have only been to 4 meetings in the UK (all in the IOW) since Oxford closed in 2007 so fair to say I also have really been lost to the sport. Used to go to 4 a week !!!

As for Oxford, while Swindon seem miles away and do not have planning permission, the silence in Oxford where there is a ready made stadium suggests there is no chance.

Hope I am wrong but we all thought last December when the planning consent was chucked out and then the Conversation Order put on the stadium was the catalyst. Seems the owners have deeper pockets and less business sense than anyone gave them credit for. The campaign has been completely silent for months now

Time in my mind to accept we have seen the last speedway in Oxford. Not sure I personally have the appetite any more, I think people move on and find other things to do

• Like 1

Wondered if it was you Steve, good to see you are back in circulation. I have only been to 4 meetings in the UK (all in the IOW) since Oxford closed in 2007 so fair to say I also have really been lost to the sport. Used to go to 4 a week !!!

As for Oxford, while Swindon seem miles away and do not have planning permission, the silence in Oxford where there is a ready made stadium suggests there is no chance.

Hope I am wrong but we all thought last December when the planning consent was chucked out and then the Conversation Order put on the stadium was the catalyst. Seems the owners have deeper pockets and less business sense than anyone gave them credit for. The campaign has been completely silent for months now

Time in my mind to accept we have seen the last speedway in Oxford. Not sure I personally have the appetite any more, I think people move on and find other things to do

Yes Chris it is I!

I haven't been to a speedway since 2004 and considered visiting Scunthorpe this year but decided, in the end, not to bother. Lost total enthusiasm for the sport since leaving Oxford. What I have seen (on DVD and read) it's no longer the sport I once patronised.

Popped into Cowley a few years back after the speedway had folded and couldn't believe the state of the stadium. It would take lots of money to bring it back up to standard. I was in correspondence with the then manager of the stadium (GRA) stating my dismay suggesting that the remit was to run the place down with a view of selling it for development but this was hotly denied...I have been proved correct since! As regards Swindon I really don't know what to make of it all. There are all these contradictory statements and reports and I will be very surprised if a new stadium will be built before the commencement of the new season.

As you say people move on to find and do other things. I followed the sport for 32 years having spent a small fortune travelling the country and Europe but decided that enough was enough after seeing the sport spiralling forever downwards thru' a combination of bad management and silly regulations.

Regards

The very fact that you are contributing to this forum suggests that you still have some interest.

• Like 2

Once you lose your club that's it really, that is why club speedway is so important imo. If Lynn shut I wouldn't go anymore either, I wouldn't have that same care about any rider, support ya clubs people!

Once you lose your club that's it really, that is why club speedway is so important imo. If Lynn shut I wouldn't go anymore either, I wouldn't have that same care about any rider, support ya clubs people!

I'm shocked Mother T for I've always had an inkling that in the unlikely event of Lynn shutting its doors to speedway, then you might well become a Witch! ;):)

• Like 2

I'm shocked Mother T for I've always had an inkling that in the unlikely event of Lynn shutting its doors to speedway, then you might well become a Witch! ;):)

I know this is a joke Bryn but if your local track closes and you still love Speedway surely you would still want to go, as long as there is a stadium not too far away? I managed to change from a Lions fan to a Bees fan in 1984, although admittedly for a couple of years I was supporting the visiting teams (under my breath.) :lol: I do understand though because I'm not so sure I could revert back to supporting Leicester every week if the Bees disappear, unless the standard of racing was good and there were no damn sun breaks. I'm probably more fussy these days so I realize that my two statements are contradictory and apart from the odd visit to Peterborough and Leicester I'll no doubt be joining the list of ex-Speedway fans.

It took me from 2001 to 2009 to think I'd become a wolves fan,just when I'd had enough therapy we came back in 2010 to totally mess me up again.if we didn't run again don't think I could start watching wolves again but that's proberly because the sports changed so much over here in the last 6 years or so

• Like 1

I think Trees more likely to become a more ardent Stal Gorzow fan if the Stars no longer shon on her.