British Speedway Forum

I saw a wheelbarrow the other day, now gone.

Did you not see a bloke digging out the foundations with a shovel :lol:

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Saw a big pile of soil at the end of the carpark.

• Like 2

Saw a big pile of soil at the end of the carpark.

A large pile of soil was moved there from the housing estate being built at the start of this year, but moles might have added to it.

Edited by A ORLOV

Most statements about the development seem to have been a big pile of 'soil' so far. (unfortunately)

Did you not see a bloke digging out the foundations with a shovel :lol:

I know they are trying to save money but one bloke with a shovel. Perhaps he gave up and went home. Hopefully some Roman Celtic and Saxon remains/artefacts will be discovered. I am thinking of going up there with me pickaxe and metal detector.

• Like 1

Drove past last night. Nothing going on. Sidney was still guarding the back straight bogs though!

• Like 3

With the cold and wet weather setting in, it will be a big ask to get the rosco arena built in time for next season.

Drove past last night. Nothing going on. Sidney was still guarding the back straight bogs though!

Guarding or cleaning?

• Like 1

With the cold and wet weather setting in, it will be a big ask to get the rosco arena built in time for next season.

ewwwwwwww

​If the new Swindon stadium is not built in time for the start of the 2017 season, is there a provision for the continued use of the present arena until it is ready? I did scroll back to see if this query had been previously asked and answered but could not trace any reference. Thank you.

Edited by Guest

​If the new Swindon stadium is not built in time for the start of the 2017 season, is there a provision for the continued use of the present arena until it is ready? I did scroll back to see if this query had been previously asked and answered but could not trace any reference. Thank you.

They are not supposed to knock down the existing one till the new one is up and running, so the Council need to start getting tough and stop the building of any more new houses until there is a start on the stadium. I am not sure if the planning permission terms were tough enough. They should have stipulated what the developers could do both before the stadium was started and after it is completed. So if the new one is not ready the 2017 season will start in the present stadium.

Edited by A ORLOV

They are not supposed to knock down the existing one till the new one is up and running, so the Council need to start getting tough and stop the building of any more new houses until there is a start on the stadium. I am not sure if the planning permission terms were tough enough. They should have stipulated what the developers could do both before the stadium was started and after it is completed. So if the new one is not ready the 2017 season will start in the present stadium.

I hope you are right "A ORLOV i have heard the old stadium cannot be touched until the new stadium is up and running i cannot see that happening can you.?

I hope you are right "A ORLOV i have heard the old stadium cannot be touched until the new stadium is up and running i cannot see that happening can you.?

I thought that the footprint of the new stadium overlaps one end of the present stadium so this would be impossible

• Like 1

What's going to happen with the homeowners and noise issues when/if the new track gets going, I cannot believe there will be no complaints about the noise!