British Speedway Forum

10 minutes ago, Speedy swindon pete said:

Or in other words....it’s all a load of bollocks.

There were just as many questions about the plans for the "first new site" next to the present stadium.

10 hours ago, MattK said:

Interesting to see that Google Maps have an updated aerial view of the stadium showing the encroachment of houses.

Then:

https://binged.it/2BuDFoF

Now:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Swindon+Greyhound/@51.6064152,-1.7960524,681m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x487146ec9d041661:0xba6156c784b03b90!8m2!3d51.608415!4d-1.791763

Now that is close :(.

59 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Now that is close :(.

But that does not show the houses right against the stadium boundry on the left of the map or how close the houses are on the bottom of it.

This picture does, a twitter I came across yesterday.

DVlnBU1X4AArSts.jpg

Edited by A ORLOV

52 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

But that does not show the houses right against the stadium boundry on the left of the map or how close the houses are on the bottom of it.

This picture does, a twitter I came across yesterday.

DVlnBU1X4AArSts.jpg

...blimey! Didn't realise that houses were now so close to the stadium having not been for very a long year!

The ones top left are almost in the pits, they could sell teas in the interval from their kitchen.  

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Haha 2

Strongly worded objection from Barrett Homes on behalf of their customers shock surprise

Does anyone remember the sales slogan (strapline) for the film "he Sting" was "The con is on". Just a random thought............honestly!

I wonder if it's worth going to a show home there, ask to look round then complain that there's a motor sport stadium on the doorstep and see whether you get told "Don't worry, it won't be around much longer". 

1 hour ago, JOS50 said:

Strongly worded objection from Barrett Homes on behalf of their customers shock surprise

Is this available to view anywhere?

Over the weekend I had some time on my hands so, I look at Estate Agents in the Swindon Area then contact them asking if they have any 4 Bedroom Houses for sale in the Blunsdon Area, They all did so I asked 3 of them if they would email me details, When I received the details I responded to them informing them that due to the proximity of the Properties to the Speedway Stadium I would not pursuing a Purchase, then this morning I contacted all the 3 Agency’s and asked if they had lost sales due to the Speedway Stadium and all 3 replied yes they had, but one informed me that if I hold fire that they had been told that there is Developments going on that suggest the Stadium will not progress 

Has anyone got the link to the new planning application ?

On 15/02/2018 at 7:46 PM, steve roberts said:

...blimey! Didn't realise that houses were now so close to the stadium having not been for very a long year!

Thing is, with the close proximity of the houses you only need one noise complaint, and that could end speedway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Thing is, with the close proximity of the houses you only need one noise complaint, and that could end speedway.

It's sad really when you consider that they knew what was there when they were purchasing the place isn't it!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, packerman said:

It's sad really when you consider that they knew what was there when they were purchasing the place isn't it!

Who are they?

6 hours ago, packerman said:

Totally agree. I was speaking to someone recently from Peterborough and we got round to discussing the East of England Showground and the fact that houses had been built very nearby and some residents moving in then proceeded to complain about the disturbance caused by the bikes

• Sad 1