British Speedway Forum

Swindon has been after City status for years, the loss of Speedway will do nothing to help that cause, hopefully the relevant parties will bear that in mind.

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 9:17 PM, Argos said:

Over the weekend I had some time on my hands so, I look at Estate Agents in the Swindon Area then contact them asking if they have any 4 Bedroom Houses for sale in the Blunsdon Area, They all did so I asked 3 of them if they would email me details, When I received the details I responded to them informing them that due to the proximity of the Properties to the Speedway Stadium I would not pursuing a Purchase, then this morning I contacted all the 3 Agency’s and asked if they had lost sales due to the Speedway Stadium and all 3 replied yes they had, but one informed me that if I hold fire that they had been told that there is Developments going on that suggest the Stadium will not progress 

A good idea to get info, but wouldn't telling  estate agents "not going ahead with the purchase  due to the stadium" give more ammo to the developers? Just a thought.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

????????????????????????????????

see previous page for the planning app

1 minute ago, adonis said:

wouldn't it be nice if that counted for anything , but there have been so many cases , a lot recent ones as well .where people move alongside a facility that has been there years and get it closed down , 

Can you provide one example of where this has happened?

Hasn't there just been a law bought in that prevents people complaining about something that was there before they were?

The trouble now with the stadium reverting back to the present position is that people that bought the houses that are almost in the pits were told and saw plans that had the "new" stadium a couple of hundred yards away from them.  Now it is in their back garden they could have a claim against noise from the close proximity which in theory has changed.

when houses were built by oxford stadium which had been there years before people also complained about the noise even though they knew it was there . the same thing happens

even today with new buolds near excisting stadia be it football or music speedway.Mildenhall had?still have their problems I belive. Oxford utd put in for a new stadium in marston

and it was refused but suddenly after a few years oxford city got a ground there.

2 hours ago, MattK said:

Can you provide one example of where this has happened?

Stadium didnt get shut down but there was a case at Mildenhall a few years ago that if my memory is correct affected times stadium could be used and a sound barrier had to be built

1 hour ago, adonis said:

The Surrey Vaults, Stag and Hounds and the Kingsdown Wine Vaults shut down last year alone, while the future of The Fleece, Fiddlers and the Brunswick Club remain insecure for the same reasons.       These never happened i wrote that article because I have some hidden agenda 

Kingsdown Wine Vaults back running as a music venue.

7 minutes ago, adonis said:

it never got shut down  I made it up 

K.D.V. did shut down for a while.