British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If the new track is going to be ready for next season they need to get on with it very quickly.

Early to mid January is when I've heard work on the track is going to start giving 2.5-3 months. Not a whole new track, so should be plenty of time to sort out.

1 hour ago, ArthurRudge said:

Here one of you Swindon lot bound to have a drone fly it over the Stadium and then you can see if stuff is happening 

No need to, the stadium is open so anyone who goes to either the pop up shop before Xmas can have a look, or anyone going to the dog meetings can see if anything is happening. 

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

No need to, the stadium is open so anyone who goes to either the pop up shop before Xmas can have a look, or anyone going to the dog meetings can see if anything is happening. 

Surely the shorter speedway track reshape could be done whist the dogs meetings are still running, and then nearer the speedway start date, do the final connections joining the old to the new for both tracks. Obviously for the dog track there is more joint up work due the hare rail, but it could be a quick change over operation if the spirit is there to do it. Speedway start gate would also need to be pulled back toward the 4th bend but that's it. Where are the pits going to be, as I believe that there are houses now where the old pits used to be.

20 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Surely the shorter speedway track reshape could be done whist the dogs meetings are still running, and then nearer the speedway start date, do the final connections joining the old to the new for both tracks. Obviously for the dog track there is more joint up work due the hare rail, but it could be a quick change over operation if the spirit is there to do it. Speedway start gate would also need to be pulled back toward the 4th bend but that's it. Where are the pits going to be, as I believe that there are houses now where the old pits used to be.

The pits are going to be between the start gate and bend 1

• Thanks 1

But who is actually supposed to be paying/arranging for the track work to be done? 

Is it Swindon speedway, or the landlords?

If it's the latter, well,.......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Big Al said:

But who is actually supposed to be paying/arranging for the track work to be done? 

Good question!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Big Al said:

The latter dont like taking anything out of their pension pots, and they only have Swindon left to top there pension up with, luckily for pirates fans Poole is Council owned, thats probably why wotsis name brought Torquay United, no more Greyhound Stadia available to buy and assett strip so they have moved on to aquire miss managed football clubs..

Did any of those going along to the shop at the stadium see any markers for the new track on bends 1 & 2 or any other track changes  ?

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

Did any of those going along to the shop at the stadium see any markers for the new track on bends 1 & 2 or any other track changes  ?

I admire you optimism but would expect meeting the real Santa Claus would be more likely

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I admire you optimism but would expect meeting the real Santa Claus would be more likely

It is just a hope rather than optimism as I will only believe it is happening when any new pictures are shown.

First time I've been to Blunsdon in a number of years as I was passing thought I'd take a look before heading home.

Surprised by how close the housing is by the 3rd and 4th bends. Looking forward to some berk in Robinscroft Rd to complain about the noise coming from over the road.

Nothing done to the track from my vantage point looking over it from the traffic lights outside the stadium.

Report from the Swindon Council planning meeting 

Dvrtp_KXgAE_brH.jpg

• Like 2

So both Toby Elliott and Vera Tomlinson either supported or approved whatever application was being made, with "conditions". They are hoping the leopard will change its spots.

Perhaps it would be more effective to do a "Trump"..........refuse the application totally until the previous commitments have been met.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, woofers said:

So both Toby Elliott and Vera Tomlinson either supported or approved whatever application was being made, with "conditions". They are hoping the leopard will change its spots.

Perhaps it would be more effective to do a "Trump"..........refuse the application totally until the previous commitments have been met.

It would have made more sense to have either told the developers no houses could be built until the stadium was completed or limited the building to say 100 houses at which point the stadium should have been completed before any more were allowed to be started, so the planners are their own worst enemy, and the developers run rings round them.