British Speedway Forum

As far as I can see, the details of the planning permission have not yet been published. Once this is done we'll be able to see the exact wording of the "conditions".

Can there be a block put on the selling of the houses that have been built but not sold so that the developers do not get any monies until all issues have been met. Otherwise, get a JCB to part demolish these houses, on the quiet though by accident, as we know what Brandon will do.

On 1/7/2019 at 1:38 PM, IronScorpion said:

Can there be a block put on the selling of the houses that have been built but not sold so that the developers do not get any monies until all issues have been met. Otherwise, get a JCB to part demolish these houses, on the quiet though by accident, as we know what Brandon will do.

What an incredible indeed IMO outrageous comment to make!

Watching the crashes and cock up DVD, despite reading how close the houses were, I was shocked to see them with my own eyes. Honestly any optimism of a long-term home at the Abbey has all but gone for me.

Really hope I am proved wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gustix said:

What an incredible indeed IMO outrageous comment to make!

It's what happened at Cradley: I am astonished that they haven't had a 'mysterious fire' at Brandon, or an Irishman with a bulldozer.

6 hours ago, *JJ said:

It's what happened at Cradley: I am astonished that they haven't had a 'mysterious fire' at Brandon, or an Irishman with a bulldozer.

Would prefer you didn't put ideas into people's heads!

On 1/14/2019 at 11:24 AM, *JJ said:

Yes But Cradley had closed when that happened, The stadium itself was just laying empty like Brandon is at this moment.

On 1/16/2019 at 11:10 AM, greyhoundp said:

Yes But Cradley had closed when that happened, The stadium itself was just laying empty like Brandon is at this moment.

Yes? That is what I meant.

it must be nigh on four years ago that Rossitor stood with a plan of the new stadium for the press to shout about, no nearer to a resolve.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Odds On said:

it must be nigh on four years ago that Rossitor stood with a plan of the new stadium for the press to shout about, no nearer to a resolve.

...and three plus years when I raised this particular thread!

And I know a former reporter made the same views on the new stadium and has now been banned by club.  12  months on and still no progress. Unless you count a few marker pegs on th centregreen.

4 hours ago, kelvinlapworth said:

I wonder if the embarrassment still lingers from that "Goodbye to the Abbey" meeting a few year ago.  

I doubt it, farces occur in speedway on a weekly basis. That one has been swept well under the carpet.