British Speedway Forum

Have Faith you Swindon fans, the three wise men will deliver your super new track and stadium. Has anyone seen that wheelbarrow?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Have Faith you Swindon fans, the three wise men will deliver your super new track and stadium. Has anyone seen that wheelbarrow?

Try Swindon's speedway museum. Under section proposed speedway stadium...

13 hours ago, cityrebel said:

If the track isn't right they will struggle to keep Jason quiet.

I just hope that it is Swindon or other track staff that do or supervise the track work and not some contractor that does not know what they are doing

20 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

I just hope that it is Swindon or other track staff that do or supervise the track work and not some contractor that does not know what they are doing

Or who had perviously had experience at the NSS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone who believes ( including Rossiter ) that the new track can be completed in a week, never mind the stadium is beyond crazy. Clearing the existing site will take longer than that. Never mind the winter weather. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Anyone who believes ( including Rossiter ) that the new track can be completed in a week, never mind the stadium is beyond crazy. Clearing the existing site will take longer than that. Never mind the winter weather. 

Rosco was always a bit of a scatterbrain as a rider!

Edited by steve roberts

would think demolition of the site,main grandstand,restuarant,bars kennel blocks,pits etc is a major project and the whole site would be no entry for the public under health and safety. Even tho the new buildings are pre built for assembly on site its still not a two minute job,plus services and groundworks The immediate problem i see is if they go ahead and move the speedway track in the lighting cant be moved until the dogtrack is moved in,which would mean cancelling the dog racing,as far as i know there are no plans for this,can they fit headlamps on the bikes??

2 hours ago, poole keith said:

would think demolition of the site,main grandstand,restuarant,bars kennel blocks,pits etc is a major project and the whole site would be no entry for the public under health and safety. Even tho the new buildings are pre built for assembly on site its still not a two minute job,plus services and groundworks The immediate problem i see is if they go ahead and move the speedway track in the lighting cant be moved until the dogtrack is moved in,which would mean cancelling the dog racing,as far as i know there are no plans for this,can they fit headlamps on the bikes??

I think this seems a bit dodgy Keith, surely all they have time for is the track nothing else.It is nearly February  even that would be stretching it for a late March press day.Also if the track has some banking wont that take time a big ask in my opinion and that is relying on the weather being kind to you. 

11 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I think this seems a bit dodgy Keith, surely all they have time for is the track nothing else.It is nearly February  even that would be stretching it for a late March press day.Also if the track has some banking wont that take time a big ask in my opinion and that is relying on the weather being kind to you. 

I'll ask the question again Sid. Who is going to pay for all this track work, Swindon speedway or Stadia UK.

Being in construction I can tell you right now that the track alone will take longer than a week , there is no chance of a semi new stadium being completed before march let alone a week. 

• Like 2

For the none believers a track can be laid and raced on the next week. It happened at Poole when they enlarged the football pitch in the late 80's

Ok we already had the dog track In place so it can be done. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, packerman said:

For the none believers a track can be laid and raced on the next week. It happened at Poole when they enlarged the football pitch in the late 80's

Ok we already had the dog track In place so it can be done. 

I seem to recall that Romford's track was laid within a week (?) however the Swindon debacle seems to go and on!

• Like 1