British Speedway Forum

14 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

A genuine question.  With all that housing around the stadia how long can it last? Knowing how some people can be, surely the residents will get together and petition the local authority and then further restrictions could be imposed in terms of start and finishing times etc. and the Robins then face an uphill struggle to continue. I really hope it works out for the Robins but I would not trust any of the non speedway parties involved.

In speedway, I'm not sure you can trust 'the actual speedway parties' involved! :unsure: 

• Like 2

Have the council done sound tests??

14 hours ago, MattK said:

The old plan was to re-site the stadium and turn it 45 degrees to where it is today. That plan was scrapped and a new plan, with the track staying in the same location but shorter, was passed a few months ago.

thanks so they are just shortening because the houses that will be built on the car park would be built on the existing bends 1&2 so that just leaves the back straight where no houses are YET ? the future doesn't look good you can't have a stadium surrounded by houses that close like the are in the pits area !! where is the pre-built new grandstand in storage in wales what rosco & russell said was just waiting to be built up ??? and who is paying the storage cost for such a large item must cost of a fortune ? my guess is it doesn't exist ? telling the poor swindon fans lies ??? sadly !!

The plans show a sound barrier to go around the whole stadia.

38 minutes ago, GWC said:

The plans show a sound barrier to go around the whole stadia.

that's not going to happen for sure !!

2 hours ago, geoff58 said:

thanks so they are just shortening because the houses that will be built on the car park would be built on the existing bends 1&2 so that just leaves the back straight where no houses are YET ? the future doesn't look good you can't have a stadium surrounded by houses that close like the are in the pits area !! where is the pre-built new grandstand in storage in wales what rosco & russell said was just waiting to be built up ??? and who is paying the storage cost for such a large item must cost of a fortune ? my guess is it doesn't exist ? telling the poor swindon fans lies ??? sadly !!

This is the new stadium plan:

http://www.thisisspeedway.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/S_RES_18_0027-PROPOSED_SITE_LAYOUT-697013.pdf

Is it still a requisite that no houses are to be started on until the stadium is finished?

Is Osborne still waiting to implement his dirty tricks, as usual/

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Is it still a requisite that no houses are to be started on until the stadium is finished?

Is Osborne still waiting to implement his dirty tricks, as usual/

...more than likely!

3 hours ago, geoff58 said:

all that is never being done in 4 weeks !!!

The time scales continually mentioned have been from cloud cuckoo land, as were the start dates of any changes since 2015.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 3

So the Pits are going to be located under/behind the main stand (possibly to reduce noise??)...

On 3/16/2019 at 3:09 PM, geoff58 said:

all that is never being done in 4 weeks !!!

I don't think anyone has said it will? Could be wrong though.

What will be done is the altering of the track. As you may or may not have seen, this work has been started

20 hours ago, HGould said:

So the Pits are going to be located under/behind the main stand (possibly to reduce noise??)...

Under - sounds like non compliance with fire regs.

1 hour ago, Reliant Robin said:

I don't think anyone has said it will? Could be wrong though.

What will be done is the altering of the track. As you may or may not have seen, this work has been started

so where is the pre built new grandstand in storage in wales ?? it doesn't exist sadly so why tell the fans that ?? some porkies being told sadly !! altering track only so more houses built again within meters of the track !! sadly i think it will be final season there !!