British Speedway Forum

Glad to see the work being done and hope it produces good racing but from this angle. The corners look a little narrow to me 

IMG-20190319-WA0004.jpg

• Like 2

I just hope that Speedway can take place after the first lot of work and isn't relying on the dog track alterations to be done as well.

9 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Glad to see the work being done and hope it produces good racing but from this angle. The corners look a little narrow to me 

Would agree with that

Edited by A ORLOV

I think it maybe the angle of the photo as the new dog track appears to be narrow on the apex as well.

9 hours ago, geoff58 said:

one of your fans posted on here some plans which clearly showed the houses would be on old bends 1/2 and car park hence why they are taking track back and shortening it !! the houses will be as close as they are in the pits now !!clearly what it shows on them plans ???  to many change of plans who knows fully what is going on ?

Houses on the 1st/2nd bend ?

i thought the authorities were trying to cut down on building on flood plains

10 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Houses on the 1st/2nd bend ?

i thought the authorities were trying to cut down on building on flood plains

None of the land around the stadium is a flood plain.

2 hours ago, MattK said:

None of the land around the stadium is a flood plain.

Yet Stadia came up with the excuse, after a history of others, that they could not build the stadium in its original proposed site next to the A419 because of the drainage issues.  Well good luck to anyone that buys a house there, still they will be able to grow rice. 

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

IMG-20190319-WA0004.jpg

Think that's the angle of the shot, as mentioned the dog track apex also looks narrow from this photo.

Width on the bends is the same as the original width

It is also great to see that the straights have been widened as well, which should improve the racing lines.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Yet Stadia came up with the excuse, after a history of others, that they could not build the stadium in its original proposed site next to the A419 because of the drainage issues.  Well good luck to anyone that buys a house there, still they will be able to grow rice. 

Watch as the drainage issues miraculously disappear when the houses are built!

• Like 3

Just now, MattK said:

Probably Matt 

55 minutes ago, MattK said:

exactly :unsure:

2 hours ago, MattK said:

I’m convinced someone was employed by Osbourne to keep topping up that puddle in the car park that was there whilst that story was being peddled.

• Like 3

Least they are finally getting on with the track work fascinating stuff, just need the 'Lego trucks' to arrive.  One thought, would have been a lot easier and quicker if they just raced on the mini track in the centre green :D.  I'm joking of course....

• Thanks 1