British Speedway Forum

Picture on fb shows that the width of the new bend is the same as bend 3 & 4 so the picture above did show a skewed image. 

Image may contain: grass and outdoor

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

Picture on fb shows that the width of the new bend is the same as bend 3 & 4 so the picture above did show a skewed image. 

Image may contain: grass and outdoor

Looks ok that. I think that will improve things. Looks like it might be one of those tracks where the bikes never go straight, always slightly sideways down the straight.

Not quite as much of a horse power track, which can't be a bad thing.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Looks ok that. I think that will improve things. Looks like it might be one of those tracks where the bikes never go straight, always slightly sideways down the straight.

Not quite as much of a horse power track, which can't be a bad thing.

This changing of the track could be the best news the fans have had for along while it is quite exciting really.The track might take a while to develope but hopefully we will get better racing than we have been served up recently the widening of the straights should help anormously.

• Like 2

Well, I must admit I never thought I would see work on the track. I thought it was a gonner. What is the smaller track used for?

• Like 1

This week has been great because the fans have been kept up to speed about what is happening.The new track looks exciting, so roll on the pressday and i cant wait until the 11th.It has not been easy for the promoters/Rosco over the last few years because they are often in Limbo a lose/lose situation.Alot of the stuff they dont know themselves so i suppose the best ploy is to say nothing hope thing's turn out well  speedway in the UK need Swindon just like every other Prem club.

I must say, that track does look a good shape. I hope it will be as good as people are hoping.

For a long time now we've had a problem with riders just spacing out down the straights. Hopefully this will solve that a bit and keep races closer.

It will be interesting to see how it rides. I can't see many people wanting to stand on bends 1 and 2 though!

• Like 1

The brick  wall they are making, is that what is going to be behind the air fence 

11 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

The brick  wall they are making, is that what is going to be behind the air fence 

Apparently, that's a supporting wall for the banking of the bends.

they have moved the track the width of the old track about 30 feet ?  just shows how desperate they are to fit as many rabbit hutches in as possible ,  this is just a guess from an old cynic ,but I sincerely hope I'm wrong , smaller track,  Portakabin stadium , lifespan of 5 years , while they work on closing it  and building more rabbit hutches over it. more than likely already have a plan  for Stadium Avenue  drawn up ,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

They are looking to save time and money by not having to repair or replace the airfence during the meeting, so they are putting the airfence behind the block wall  :wink: 

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Well, I must admit I never thought I would see work on the track. I thought it was a gonner. What is the smaller track used for?

For youngsters to train on. 

Whats the two concrete walls for on the outside of bends 1-2. I dont understand the meaning of them.

6 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Whats the two concrete walls for on the outside of bends 1-2. I dont understand the meaning of them.

One is the outside of the speedway bends 1&2 - track will be built and banked up to that level. The other is the inside line of the new dog track corner. Gap between to prevent sand from the dog track running across the speedway track in wet weather as happened previously

42 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

One is the outside of the speedway bends 1&2 - track will be built and banked up to that level. The other is the inside line of the new dog track corner. Gap between to prevent sand from the dog track running across the speedway track in wet weather as happened previously

That makes sense. And a decent banking.

3 hours ago, f-s-p said:

That makes sense. And a decent banking.

It also has the space for the lighting poles and different cables .