British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Mafiarule said:

So 3 weeks today and swindon first meeting and track not even laid. .Rosco in the local rag says he has faith in  boss too have track ready as he  has a huge experience of preparing Cardiff. Isn't that a Job of Ole Olsen to oversee  and nothing too do with Terry Russell who oversees theTv. Interesting survey on Twitter showing 70% dont think track will be ready. I guess the other 30% our freeloaders and rose tinted glass wearers. ONLY TIME WILL SERIOUSLYr tell. One thing on there side the moment is the weather. ..Bet the storm clouds emerge soon as season starts though

2 hours ago, Mafiarule said:

So 2 weeks to  first meeting...weather still good. Every other track  is having or had press day and swindon havnt even got attack ready... proffessional  my ass.

So what is it, 2 or 3 weeks! 

48 minutes ago, TRM said:

So what is it, 2 or 3 weeks! 

laying a indoor track is far easier !! outdoor totally different it needs 4/6 weeks settlement !! lets see how it turns out ????????????

I’m sure Swindon fans are loving having sh!t stirrers on their thread. 

• Like 4

Can't see why people should be getting so paranoid about this. Birmingham's track was laid down from scratch in 8 days in 2007. Swindon only have one bend to re-shape so I can see no reason why the track shouldn't be ready and bedded in, for the start of the season.

• Like 2

On 3/28/2019 at 6:19 PM, geoff58 said:

laying a indoor track is far easier !! outdoor totally different it needs 4/6 weeks settlement !! lets see how it turns out ????????????

Hopefully, our promotion are a bit more diligent and won’t allow nappies, contaminated rubble and timber underneath the new construction of our track.

Perhaps you can give us the name of the Aces track consultant for the NSS so we can cross him off the list and make sure we get someone who knows what they’re doing.

Edited for spelling purposes.

Edited by theblueboy

5 hours ago, theblueboy said:

Hopefully, our promotion are a bit more diligent and won’t allow nappies, contaminated rubble and timber underneath the new construction of our track.

Perhaps you can give us the name of the Aces track consultant for the NSS so we can cross him off the list and make sure we get someone who knows what they’re doing.

You would have to contact Manchester City Council, they were managing the track build. Along with their sub-contractor they made a right pigs ear of it.

Fortunately Chris Morton had a big say in the design of the track which has turned out perfect. :t:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, theblueboy said:

very droll !! whatever you end up with it will still be no where near what we have :rofl: and not to mention the stadium :rofl: i'll leave it there oh yes don't forget the health risks bogs on back straight disgusting say no more !!

On 3/30/2019 at 8:16 PM, brianbuck said:

Can't see why people should be getting so paranoid about this. Birmingham's track was laid down from scratch in 8 days in 2007. Swindon only have one bend to re-shape so I can see no reason why the track shouldn't be ready and bedded in, for the start of the season.

From pictures I have seen the inside of the 3rd  4th turn have been taken in a metre or more making it ultra wide.. havnt seen shots looking down the straights but has been said  track was being taken in a metre. Even Jason Doyle asks in a interview to why all this work started in the closed season. So why was it so late....Terry Russell announced at end of last season  track was being shortened and was marked out in September october

9 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

You would have to contact Manchester City Council, they were managing the track build. Along with their sub-contractor they made a right pigs ear of it.

Fortunately Chris Morton had a big say in the design of the track which has turned out perfect. :t:

unlike how he ran the club

• Like 1

As I have said on other threads in the past, orion, I would love to know the truth behind all the things that went on a BV, someone will write a book some day, I be buying it.

Maybe the rot set in when the first meeting, Peter Craven Memorial Trophy, was called off. Must have cost a packet, it was star studded meeting, and all the riders were there., and the track problem was the work of Manchester Council and their sub-contractor.

Edited by OveFundinFan

16 hours ago, Mafiarule said:

From pictures I have seen the inside of the 3rd  4th turn have been taken in a metre or more making it ultra wide.. havnt seen shots looking down the straights but has been said  track was being taken in a metre. Even Jason Doyle asks in a interview to why all this work started in the closed season. So why was it so late....Terry Russell announced at end of last season  track was being shortened and was marked out in September october

Inside line of bends 3 & 4 taken in 2 metres as well as a metre off of the inside line on the straights to give even more width.

Couple of pictures taken from Swindon Speedway Twitter show it all progressing well. TBF I'm sure Terry Russell would also like to know why the Club were not permitted to start the work earlier in the closed season.

Track 1.jpg

Track 2.jpg

Edited by Reliant Robin
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, geoff58 said:

say no more !!

Can you put  that in writing?

Edited by hagonshocker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hagonshocker said:

eh ???????????????????

2 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

No body told the rain gods season starting later this year. Rain forecast next 3 days. . 9 days and counting. Might take a ride out for press day and preview track . When is press day scheduled .any word yet