British Speedway Forum

Spot on .how naïve to think that Morton an co were not  there when the track was being built etc If no one was overseeing it then it would still been his there   fault as they should have been .

9 hours ago, Pinny said:

With the amount of money they borrowed it would be hard to put a foot wrong regarding the whole stadium and track, but of course they did.

get your facts right no money borrowed by b/vue speedway the stadium was council built and owned by the council !! b/vue speedway just rent it FACT !! 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, orion said:

Spot on .how naïve to think that Morton an co were not  there when the track was being built etc If no one was overseeing it then it would still been his there   fault as they should have been .

what a numpty i suggest you read up on it fully !! you obviously know nothing about it !! get you r facts before spouting crap !! you look silly !!!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

what a numpty i suggest you read up on it fully !! you obviously know nothing about it !! get you r facts before spouting crap !! you look silly !!!

Well rather than act  like a 2 old child with name calling why not  tell us in a  adult  fashion . Maybe a forum is not a place for if you can't control your temper

With the information that’s been put out in the public domain, anybody that reaches the conclusion Mort/Gordon are at fault is either very very stupid or they have a chip on their shoulder about those two. In fact it’s probably both. 

Very embarrassing. 

• Like 1

Sorry Orion and pinny, but you have the attitude “you know best” and in spite of  what was said as an alternative you both went on as if you were right others wrong. What we don’t know, unless I missed the headlines, what part did the speedway promotors association have in the final outcome. There seemed to be a lot of jealousy from some quarters, “the cheek of it all, someone getting the council to not only support a new stadium in the middle of housing, but to actually get them to pay for it, millions at that”. Maybe you two are of that class, after all, one of you shows location as Aussie, and the other in noodle land.

Anyway, this is a Swindon thread, so as pointed out we are well off topic.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, orion said:

Well rather than act  like a 2 old child with name calling why not  tell us in a  adult  fashion . Maybe a forum is not a place for if you can't control your temper

why can't you look things up do your research first !!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Sorry Orion and pinny, but you have the attitude “you know best” and in spite of  what was said as an alternative you both went on as if you were right others wrong. What we don’t know, unless I missed the headlines, what part did the speedway promotors association have in the final outcome. There seemed to be a lot of jealousy from some quarters, “the cheek of it all, someone getting the council to not only support a new stadium in the middle of housing, but to actually get them to pay for it, millions at that”. Maybe you two are of that class, after all, one of you shows location as Aussie, and the other in noodle land.

spot on  :t:

2 hours ago, ouch said:

With the information that’s been put out in the public domain, anybody that reaches the conclusion Mort/Gordon are at fault is either very very stupid or they have a chip on their shoulder about those two. In fact it’s probably both. 

Very embarrassing. 

Nothing of the sort ..they ran the meeting they were ones in charge ..the track on the night was not fit  for purpose and they were told that ..the buck stops with them ...must be a lot of stupid people out there because  loads of people came to that conclusion . sadly because Chris Morton was a great rider for Belle Vue  the gravy and chips brigade can't see that .

12 minutes ago, orion said:

Nothing of the sort ..they ran the meeting they were ones in charge ..the track on the night was not fit  for purpose and they were told that ..the buck stops with them ...must be a lot of stupid people out there because  loads of people came to that conclusion . sadly because Chris Morton was a great rider for Belle Vue  the gravy and chips brigade can't see that .

is there something in the air down there that makes you deluded :rofl: i'll leave it there :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Just thought I'd have a quick look to see how Swindon's new stadium was coming along, but I seem to have stumbled onto a Belle Vue slanging match thread.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rob Lee said:

Just thought I'd have a quick look to see how Swindon's new stadium was coming along, but I seem to have stumbled onto a Belle Vue slanging match thread.

Track almost ready for shale on new section, fence and lights installed on bends 1 & 2.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Jealous? What would I be jealous of?

Morton ended up bankrupt didnt he? Or so we were told? And lost everything? Im extremely jealous of that , haha!

Morton made a right mess of it , however or whoever funded it, it certainly wasnt his money was it? And the non payment of rent , whos fault was that? 

What has my location being in Australia got to do with anything?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, geoff58 said:

get your facts right no money borrowed by b/vue speedway the stadium was council built and owned by the council !! b/vue speedway just rent it FACT !! 

In addition to the money put up by the MC Council a further sum of 600000 was borrowed and not repaid. This is fact and not speculation  and our family has much lighter pockets as a result. There is far more to this story which is unable to be to be discussed at this time. It is possible that after all legal issues are exhausted that more information will be released.

On 4/2/2019 at 9:58 AM, hagonshocker said:

Can you put  that in writing?

No body told the rain gods season starting later this year. Rain forecast next 3 days. . 9 days and counting. Might take a ride out for press day and preview track . When is press day scheduled .any word yet