British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, Mafiarule said:

Speedway here and down comes the rain.. 

A bit like the start of the cricket season! 

9 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

Track almost ready for shale on new section, fence and lights installed on bends 1 & 2.

Thanks

Practice planned for wed, it has been mentioned that this is not open to the public, which is a blow as I was planning to watch the new riders practice and see how the whole team take to the shorter but wider track. 

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

Practice planned for wed, it has been mentioned that this is not open to the public, which is a blow as I was planning to watch the new riders practice and see how the whole team take to the shorter but wider track. 

They won't want the public seeing the track rutting up because it has had no chance to settle. We will get to pay £18 for that honour the following night so stay patient!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Back in 1977 went to Bristol to see the return of speedway - first night it was, well afternoon I think. It was a shambles and vowed never again to go to the opening night of a new track (which is what Swindon is this year). Never been to one and not going to.

34 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Back in 1977 went to Bristol to see the return of speedway - first night it was, well afternoon I think. It was a shambles and vowed never again to go to the opening night of a new track (which is what Swindon is this year). Never been to one and not going to.

I will let the track settle first. In mean time  I'll view the feedback. .So when is press day. Could have held it ages ago.

If practice and/or the first meeting on the 11th goes wrong for Swindon the knock on effect could be catastrophic. The following two meetings are held on the Thurs & Monday of Easter weekend so big crowds must be predicted and if it all goes pear shaped that is a lot of unhappy customers to deal with.

Poor planning and  a massive risk running the meeting so soon after the work

8 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

Cant you just pop round to No17 for a cup of tea - bound to be a great view from there ;)

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Cant you just pop round to No17 for a cup of tea - bound to be a great view from there ;)

They have not got a balcony or window overlooking the track, they slipped up there 

20 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

They have not got a balcony or window overlooking the track, they slipped up there 

Shame - probably a bit chilly to perch on the roof......:)

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2019 at 8:37 PM, A ORLOV said:

I say that's a result

1 hour ago, BangerBoy said:

I say that's a result

Get someone to pass a programme over the fence, and the jobs a goodin. 

Do we get a set of binoculars to view the new track? With a smaller circuit spectators will be even further away from it than they are now...