British Speedway Forum

36 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Geoffrey. FFS. You do come across on here as an idiot. Yet in real life ur a decent bloke. 

You should know all to well as a fellow aces fan that risking an opening meeting on a track that's not ready is not what Swindon or the sport needs  delaying it a week is a great idea. One which belle vue management at the time should have done. 

It has been stated that they really wanted to get the track work done sooner but they couldn't untill they had the say so. It was out of Swindon speedways hands. 

So good luck to Swindon in your opening ceremony so to speak next week against your nearest rivals. And let's hope it's a success because it's not only good for Swindon but more importantly for the sport as a whole

Couldn't have put it better myself. A well balance viewpoint.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Geoffrey. FFS. You do come across on here as an idiot. Yet in real life ur a decent bloke. 

You should know all to well as a fellow aces fan that risking an opening meeting on a track that's not ready is not what Swindon or the sport needs  delaying it a week is a great idea. One which belle vue management at the time should have done. 

It has been stated that they really wanted to get the track work done sooner but they couldn't untill they had the say so. It was out of Swindon speedways hands. 

So good luck to Swindon in your opening ceremony so to speak next week against your nearest rivals. And let's hope it's a success because it's not only good for Swindon but more importantly for the sport as a whole

i echo your post phil but there is no way of getting away from the fact swindon fans have been let down you can read it from their own fans still no explanation and the where about's of the pre-built grandstand in storage in wales ??? and it must be a Aces thing being a idiot on here remember you apologising for some comment/post in the past :rolleyes: many a thing said in haste :t:

19 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

i echo your post phil but there is no way of getting away from the fact swindon fans have been let down you can read it from their own fans still no explanation and the where about's of the pre-built grandstand in storage in wales ??? and it must be a Aces thing being a idiot on here remember you apologising for some comment/post in the past :rolleyes: many a thing said in haste :t:

Just to qualify one of your points......Swindon speedway do not own the Abbey, Stadia UK do. The ''pre-built grandstand'' you mentioned is owned by Stadia UK, not Swindon, they are the ones who have stated that the prebuilt grandstand is in storage in Wales. The Speedway club (and even the local media) can only provide information which is given to them by Stadia UK. This is also the reason the track reshape hasn't started until a few weeks back, the landlord has to grant permission. I hope this clears a few of your points up.

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, hyabb17 said:

Just to qualify one of your points......Swindon speedway do not own the Abbey, Stadia UK do. The ''pre-built grandstand'' you mentioned is owned by Stadia UK, not Swindon, they are the ones who have stated that the prebuilt grandstand is in storage in Wales. The Speedway club (and even the local media) can only provide information which is given to them by Stadia UK. This is also the reason the track reshape hasn't started until a few weeks back, the landlord has to grant permission. I hope this clears a few of your points up.

wish you well look forward to seeing it when i visit the Abbey this season and beyond :party::cheers:

Geoff is as thick as a plank it seems. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pinny said:

seems you are pretty thick also !!

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

Didn't Terry Russell state in the local rag work would start towards end of February in swindon advertiser yet today  an article in Advertiser states permission wasnt granted for track changes till 11 March... why start changes then and not  in October giving plenty of time for work to be done and track have a winter too bed in... will the delay of week make a ounce of difference in first turn bedding in....

Anyone got any pics of the finished track?

34 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Anyone got any pics of the finished track?

Our official Insta account had the latest pic up on Monday night.

4 hours ago, Mafiarule said:

Didn't Terry Russell state in the local rag work would start towards end of February in swindon advertiser yet today  an article in Advertiser states permission wasnt granted for track changes till 11 March... why start changes then and not  in October giving plenty of time for work to be done and track have a winter too bed in... will the delay of week make a ounce of difference in first turn bedding in....

It depends which Terry Russell you believe. This one from the 26th September 2018:

All that is in my hands is the alterations on our track and taking it from what it is now to a 300m track.

“I am commencing that work immediately so that we don’t hold up the work with the stadium once they can start.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/16903310.swindon-robins-to-rip-up-abbey-stadium-track-this-winter/

Or this one, from the 23rd January:

We’ll be looking to get the track completed at the beginning of February, although we haven’t started work yet – which I am not concerned about.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/17377892.swindon-robins-chairman-terry-russell-plans-to-start-work-on-improved-abbey-stadium-race-track-layout-next-month/

Swindon's new track has had more false starts than a heat featuring James Sarjeant.

Edited by MattK
Added a zinger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

Our official Insta account had the latest pic up on Monday night.

Any links?