British Speedway Forum

By the time this new" much better for modern bikes" track settles down, the whole site will be built over. April 2021 - a building site. Get on with finding a new site ASAP.

• Sad 1

I thought for a newly laid section of track it held up brilliantly, at least as good as many tracks we see which have been 'settled' for years.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2019 at 7:50 AM, Ray Stadia said:

I would have thought, with the new houses so close to the stadium, the least speedway activity there is at the stadium, the less chance there will be of complaint from the residents. :unsure:

new neighbours  are jast like neighbours at home . you have to start as you mean to go on ,  our previous next door neighbours whined about every single thing until in the end we were almost afraid to go out to the dustbin and let the lid down , when the new ones moved in ,we  started as we meant to go on , after about 3 days they knocked on the door moaning about me mowing the lawn at 7.30pm  . I didn't even question the problem .just said .go forth and multiply but in not so many words , having been put firmly in their place ,we have heard no more complaints from them . start pandering to moaners at your peril .

• Like 3

New houses popping up all over Hull including some being built on a former flood plain, which is well below the majority of the area with 2 storm drains filled in, and the foundations are already 2ft underwater.  I certainly wouldn't buy one of those houses, just sayin'....

3 hours ago, martinmauger said:

New houses popping up all over Hull including some being built on a former flood plain, which is well below the majority of the area with 2 storm drains filled in, and the foundations are already 2ft underwater.  I certainly wouldn't buy one of those houses, just sayin'....

Same happening in York.

Any sign of the 'Lego trucks' yet ?...

18 hours ago, Midland Red said:

Over the road from stadium

No doubt someone in authority will claim the vibration caused by speedway bikes and dogs running has caused all the problems

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

No doubt someone in authority will claim the vibration caused by speedway bikes and dogs running has caused all the problems

Don't give them ideas! 

• Thanks 1

I see that a new set of plans have been submitted in July.

The stands and pits are shown on the north side of the stadium between the track and Lady Lane.

https://pa1.swindon.gov.uk/publicaccess/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=P23E0APTKAM00

Edited by A ORLOV

Not sure I like some of the comments/objections in the correspondence attached to the plans?

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Not sure I like some of the comments/objections in the correspondence attached to the plans?

You and others are probably not meant to!!!

To be honest there doesn't appear to be too much objection locally seems to to be a Somerset anti greyhound group .apparently new stands are going in at the end of this season 

• Haha 1

Just now, hagonshocker said:

To be honest there doesn't appear to be too much objection locally seems to to be a Somerset anti greyhound group .apparently new stands are going in at the end of this season 

I noticed that a lot of these objections carry the same content, so as you say, comes from combined anti-greyhound group. They all go on to say they support the redevelopment for speedway purposes, but we know it's housing/greyhound stadium owner money funding the changes if they ever materialise

• Like 1