British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, JessicaJones said:

If speedway fans think it’s an outdated industry that makes no economic sense, that’s their view!  I’ve never said that’s mine.

It is .. and England that is the case .. so quite clearly you have done  no homework on the sport .. pretty stupid to used thou words for reason for Greyhounds to be closed but then say you back speedway .

4 minutes ago, JessicaJones said:

I am sorry that you are not very good at googling!

I am sorry you not good at fact checking .. take your petition down and try again after you done some proper research on Speedway .

Yes, Weasel, that’s true - I know.  But sadly not at all tracks.  I was at the track in Swindon on a very hot day last year when other tracks had cancelled meets and the RSPCA was advising people not to walk their dogs.  Also, dogs have been raced in the storms recently with lashing rain and howling winds.  Most dogs wouldn’t want to be walked in that weather let alone kept in kennels and then raced.  Again, some tracks cancelled during the storms but some tracks went ahead.  

Orion - please spend some time researching Gaming International or read through this thread. A lot of the relevant information is already on here.  Have a look at their latest accounts on Companies House and have a look at what happened to other stadiums they owned.  Swindon will go the same way and will lose its speedway too unless other uses are found for the stadium.  Read up about Torquay FC - also owned by Clarke Osborne.  

Edited by JessicaJones

It would be sensible for the speedway fans to lobby the council on this too otherwise the speedway track will go the same way as the other greyhound/speedway tracks that Gaming International has owned.  Many people on here know that that’s a possibility as there are many jokes on this thread about having good fire insurance etc.  Milton Keynes, Reading & Bristol have all gone the same way.  

15 minutes ago, JessicaJones said:

PS Orion - Please stop putting words in my mouth about speedway!  

I explained to you twice about the irony of what you have put up about Greyhounds .. when quite clearly that applies to speedway as well . of course if you had any idea about speedway  you would understand that .

Edited by orion

Please read up about Gaming International.  This is not a comment on speedway.  We support it.  Please stop putting words in my mouth.  If you want to run speedway down, that’s up to you.  

33 minutes ago, JessicaJones said:

Yes, Weasel, that’s true - I know.  But sadly not at all tracks.  I was at the track in Swindon on a very hot day last year when other tracks had cancelled meets and the RSPCA was advising people not to walk their dogs.  

Orion - please spend some time researching Gaming International or read through this thread. A lot of the relevant information is already on here.  Have a look at their latest accounts on Companies House and have a look at what happened to other stadiums they owned.  Swindon will go the same way and will lose its speedway too unless other uses are found for the stadium.  Read up about Torquay FC - also owned by Clarke Osborne.  

I think nearly every speedway fan understands about Clark and Gaming international yet again your naïve when judging speedway fans . .. its laughable for you to talk about research 

Edited by orion

15 minutes ago, JessicaJones said:

Please read up about Gaming International.  This is not a comment on speedway.  We support it.  Please stop putting words in my mouth.  If you want to run speedway down, that’s up to you.  

Not a case of running speedway down . its just telling you how the sport is at the moment it's a fact  .. your find it hard to find a fan who thinks otherwise . Yet again many of  the reasons  why  you think  Greyhound racing  should close  apply to speedway . a fact that is quite clearly  lost on you .

As I said stick to say  Greyhound being cruel that can classed as a valid reason .

Edited by orion

20 minutes ago, orion said:

By the look of the readers comments on this link, this development has little chance of being completed (except for housing). Those comments that you can actually read that is, some of them are worse than some of the semi-literate comments on here, or are they by the same people?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, foamfence said:

By the look of the readers comments on this link, this development has little chance of being completed (except for housing). Those comments that you can actually read that is, some of them are worse than some of the semi-literate comments on here, or are they by the same people?

All those words and you say nothing at all.. :blink: