British Speedway Forum

23 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Then from what you are saying it doesn’t look like a Robins new stadium. What are the club saying to fans? 

nor poole will be running then as well ? :D

• Confused 2

30 minutes ago, eric i said:

Has anyone been to look at the stadium in storage?

The storage company is withholding the keys until the rental fees are paid!!;);)

Incidentally this week's SS has a more up-to-date (and realistic maybe) report on the latest info.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

There were plenty of people being negative about the NSS ever being built, they were wrong so why shouldnt Swindon also succeed? Hope they do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bellevueace said:

There were plenty of people being negative about the NSS ever being built, they were wrong so why shouldnt Swindon also succeed

Have you  been reading the whole topic .. its been explained why .

20 hours ago, bellevueace said:

There were plenty of people being negative about the NSS ever being built, they were wrong so why shouldnt Swindon also succeed? Hope they do.

They are called "Gaming International".

Also, read into Torquay United Football Club and stadium.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 3:36 PM, bellevueace said:

Would the NSS have been built in the current climate, highly debatable.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Who knows...but looking back the NSS was planned and built during the financial crash of 2008...which went on for years!  

Was the NSS ever planned to be a Speedway Stadium ? Its my understanding thats its part of the Legacy of the 2002 Commonwealth games, indeed were it not for Manchester Council allegedly writing off monies its doubteful if Speedway would still be at the NSS. Its just a pity Birmingham (Host city of the next Commonwealth Games) could not leave a Legacy similar to the NSS ;).

Edited by greyhoundp

19 minutes ago, greyhoundp said:

Was the NSS ever planned to be a Speedway Stadium ? Its my understanding thats its part of the Legacy of the 2002 Commonwealth games, indeed were it not for Manchester Council allegedly writing off monies its doubteful if Speedway would still be at the NSS. Its just a pity Birmingham (Host city of the next Commonwealth Games) could not leave a Legacy similar to the NSS ;).

The east side of Manchester is a sports village spread over a large area. The true legacy of the Commonwealth games is the main stadium for athletics etc, which is now Manchester City football club, plus the the cycling velodrome which is now the National Velodrome. See the title National Velodrome..... I would suggest Manchester City Council embraced a new speedway stadium for the most famous speedway team in the world, Belle Vue, because it would be called the National Speedway Stadium. Indeed, they may, I don’t know, have insisted if they were to invest money then the stadium had to be called National Speedway Stadium. I don’t know what the ground the new NSS stands on was used for but it is next to a road on one side (grandstand side), an indoor sport facility (turn 1 & 2), houses (back straight), and 3 outdoor pitches (turn 3/4). All these were in place before the speedway track/stadia was built. The track, grandstand and back straight are all brand new.  You recall the new BVue got off to a bad start when the first meeting, Peter Craven Memorial, which attracted a world class field (which had to be paid for) was called off (when the stadium was full) due to problems on bends 3/4 which had nothing to do with BV management but all to do with Man.City Council sub contractors. BV invested a lot of money on the first meeting, punters had to be refunded, leaving BV playing catch up all year money wise.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, cityrebel said:

if my auntie had balls ???

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, greyhoundp said:

bitter cradley fan !! nothing to do with commonwealth games FACT !! where you get this fantasy garbage from is quite astonishing !! :nono: i remember cradley fans singing where's your stadium gone at the last meeting at hyde rd !! karma justice prevailed !! keep weeping when you read & watch what we have :party:

• Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 8:33 PM, geoff58 said:

bitter cradley fan !! nothing to do with commonwealth games FACT !! where you get this fantasy garbage from is quite astonishing !! :nono: i remember cradley fans singing where's your stadium gone at the last meeting at hyde rd !! karma justice prevailed !! keep weeping when you read & watch what we have :party:

Bitter!!, nope i dont have anything to be bitter about, just sad to see the state the sport has become in the Uk.. never been to Hyde road so count me out.. carry on dancing and dont forget to turn out the lights...

On 2/16/2017 at 10:39 AM, Skidder1 said:

Wasn't it described as very similar to Cardiff??!

I take it that the current view is that there won't be a new Cardiff-esque stadium being built in Swindon?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, greyhoundp said:

Bitter!!, nope i dont have anything to be bitter about, just sad to see the state the sport has become in the Uk.. never been to Hyde road so count me out.. carry on dancing and dont forget to turn out the lights...

doesn't take away the fact that it happened does it !!! probably never been anywhere apart from dudley wood :rofl: i certaintly do love my trips up & down the tracks of the UK and for sure the NSS finest in UK and one of the best in the world !! i support UK speedway not slate it off !! #karmajustice dudley wood :party:

t

• Like 1