British Speedway Forum

Rosco statement on Speedwaygb website today taken from this week's SS..

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 1

Many statements have been made over many years at Milton Keynes, Bristol, Reading , Torquay & Swindon but so far not a stadium in sight

• Like 1

Rosco and Kilby will be the death of the club. Swindon need someone with some backbone to question and provide answers from the developers .Rather than  saying it will  happen like a scene out of Field of Dreams.

Can''t understand the attitude from the club , Why have a go at the fans about being cynical . Can you really blame the Fans for being like that after all the false promises they been told .

• Like 1

Think I am old enough to say I have seen more Speedway clubs than "Rosco"  Rossiter fold than have ever been rebuilt/ relocated. However he is entitled to his optimism, based i assume on hope that the developers adhare to their planning permission.

Looking at the most recent examples ...

Rye House. Allegedly the new owners have  violated their planning permission by demolishing the speedway track.  Required to submit new planning application. Will speedway track ever re appear ??

Lakeside. Allegedly Local Council have stipulated to developers that land must be alloted for a new sporting facility within the Thurrock area to replace the Lakesde motorsport arena. Who what when this new land will be developed ........open to suggestions

Why would any investors put their money into greyhound or speedway racing. Two sports that are on their last legs, with minimal financial return. Last night i checked the date of the 'farewell to the Abbey' meeting. It was 11th October 2015, how time flies.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Toto said:

Rosco and Kilby will be the death of the club. Swindon need someone with some backbone to question and provide answers from the developers .Rather than  saying it will  happen like a scene out of Field of Dreams.

The pair of them do more for the club than you’ll ever realise 

• Like 8

I know Rossiter tries to look like a teenager. 

But does he really need to come across as a petulant adolescent in his public statements too ?

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

But does he really need to come across as a petulant adolescent in his public statements too ?

Never been a fan of Rossiter...always remember when he came onto the third bend terracing at Cowley once to talk to some Poole fans and in earshot of "Cheetahs" fans condemned them. Perhaps their dislike of him carried over from the incident that ultimately ended Andy Hackett's career? I didn't witness it personally but was informed about it by those that did.

14 hours ago, Toto said:

Fair enough if that's how you feel. I would suggest though that you put yourself forward, make an offer to the promotion and put your money where your mouth is.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, JamesHarris said:

Fair enough if that's how you feel. I would suggest though that you put yourself forward, make an offer to the promotion and put your money where your mouth is.

The usual stock answer. Which is a fair answer, but doesn't help the future of speedway. :(

3 hours ago, Grand Central said:

Don't you mean "Australian Teenager?"

4 hours ago, JamesHarris said:

Is that the answer to any critcism.? Nearly as stupid  as asking fans if they have ever  ridden a  speedway bike.

• Like 4