British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

The pair of them do more for the club than you’ll ever realise 

My understanding is that they  get paid to do  a job, just like most people.

Edited by Toto

7 hours ago, JamesHarris said:

Fair enough if that's how you feel. I would suggest though that you put yourself forward, make an offer to the promotion and put your money where your mouth is.

What?? Buy a team with no stadium :lol:

4 hours ago, Toto said:

My understanding is that they  get paid to do  a job, just like most people.

They aren't the owners that's a definite 

• Like 1

Trouble is that the promoter of any particular team often doesn't own the stadium and are therefore often compromised by their landlord's whims. We experienced it often enough at Cowley and remember when Bristol Stadiums Ltd owned Oxford Stadium and put the venture at risk (!975) until the SOS Committee stepped in at the last minute. Oxford enjoyed great stability during the Northern Sports era but after their collapse the stadium's future was always under threat although Steve Purchase did offer continuity but only leased the stadium.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Toto said:

Is that the answer to any critcism.? Nearly as stupid  as asking fans if they have ever  ridden a  speedway bike.

Have you ridden a speedway bike before?

9 hours ago, JamesHarris said:

Have you ridden a speedway bike before?

Yes i have. I lasted half a lap on the track spare at Wimbledon before hitting the fence. It looks easy, until you start to turn left!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Yes i have. I lasted half a lap on the track spare at Wimbledon before hitting the fence. It looks easy, until you start to turn left!

I attended one of Olle Nygren's Training Schools just to say I gave it a try and gain respect for those who go out and entertain us not that I needed confirmation of that.

• Like 2

I had me a jawa in the 70s and despite riding road bikes most of my life and still love it as I approach 60 the sheer terror of riding a speedway bike has never left me lol , they are all absolute madmen

• Like 4

Any sign of work starting ???

52 minutes ago, GAH said:

Any sign of work starting ???

This has to be one of the longest ever sagas within speedway circles?

If work hasn't started on the "new" stadium I can't see it ever happening. Time a protest Swindon fans. Anyone know where Mr Osbourne lives?

You would hope that Alun Rossiter is keeping tabs on the situation!!