British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, secsy1 said:

Looks like the Stadium and Greyhounds are staying for a while with the investment?

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/19500734.swindon-greyhound-stadium-receives-financial-investment/

While we wait with bated breath for an announcement from the speedway promotion confirming their return?

Worry must be ARC being mentioned in the article

2 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

While we wait with bated breath for an announcement from the speedway promotion confirming their return?

Does not mean that speedway will return.  The way I read it is that the prize money for dog racing is going up and the pay for trainers.  I maybe wrong but it doesn't say anything about building a new stadium.  

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Does not mean that speedway will return.  The way I read it is that the prize money for dog racing is going up and the pay for trainers.  I maybe wrong but it doesn't say anything about building a new stadium.  

I think you missed my point. The stadium is obviously going to continue to operate , the speedway track is still there & being well maintained from the photos I've seen ,so why shouldn't we expect an announcement regarding the Robins returning in 2022?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

I think you missed my point. The stadium is obviously going to continue to operate , the speedway track is still there & being well maintained from the photos I've seen ,so why shouldn't we expect an announcement regarding the Robins returning in 2022?

Sorry dave thought you were talking about the post in the paper.  Are we sure Terry Russell and Co want to go back?

1 minute ago, Trackerman48 said:

Sorry dave thought you were talking about the post in the paper.  Are we sure Terry Russell and Co want to go back?

Exactly!! that was my point.:D

• Like 1

Not a dog fan, but dont think that many dog meetings ahve a crowd nowadays , they are staged and streamed online . So  no aor very limited spectator facilities needed.

As for the speedway - how on earth does anybody in their right mind think that the folks in their brand new £500k houses adjacent to the site are going to accept a noisy speedway track on their doorstep . Get real , smell the coffee. There will be 200 noise complaints on the council's desk before a wheel is turned.

From the promotion team, I dont think Terry Russell has been in the best of health,  Alain Rossiter  is very enthusiastic about anything and everything, whilst Lee Kilby was last seen licking his wounds after the demise of Eastbourne. 

33 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Not a dog fan, but dont think that many dog meetings ahve a crowd nowadays , they are staged and streamed online . So  no aor very limited spectator facilities needed.

As for the speedway - how on earth does anybody in their right mind think that the folks in their brand new £500k houses adjacent to the site are going to accept a noisy speedway track on their doorstep . Get real , smell the coffee. There will be 200 noise complaints on the council's desk before a wheel is turned.

From the promotion team, I dont think Terry Russell has been in the best of health,  Alain Rossiter  is very enthusiastic about anything and everything, whilst Lee Kilby was last seen licking his wounds after the demise of Eastbourne. 

I heard Alain Rossiter is being headhunted to be the top bod in French Speedway

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

55 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Don't think Lee has any wounds to lick....he was and still can be a very valuable employee of Swindon speedway as was/is Rosco....no financial investment.There are plenty of people as well as Terry with a vested interest in the business so we will see what pans out 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

I heard Alain Rossiter is being headhunted to be the top bod in French Speedway

Quelle un Branleur?

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Old Bob you need to have a real think sometimes in what you  say ? ? Lee Kilby is not to blame in what happened at Eastbourne as for the 500 k houses  500 k you  are joking  ??? Those people who bought those premises  should have no say whatsoever they  knew the speedway  was there it has been there from 1949 simples.If they are not happy  pick somewhere else they should  have no say at all.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Old Bob you need to have a real think sometimes in what you  say ? ? Lee Kilby is not to blame in what happened at Eastbourne as for the 500 k houses  500 k you  are joking  ??? Those people who bought those premises  should have no say whatsoever they  knew the speedway  was there it has been there from 1949 simples.If they are not happy  pick somewhere else they should  have no say at all.

but i think legally they do

4 hours ago, Byker Biker said:

Quelle un Branleur?

Someone is drunk and tried google translate 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

As us yokels know houses start from 200 grand up at that there Blunsdon. Not one complaint was made before. Lee was great with the fans at the Shabbey, a real buzz around the place, culminating in the champions titles in 2017/19. Fingers crossed for something positive for those fanatical Tangerine Army fans, with those tracks closing recently. A club statement would be good PR.

Edited by auntie doris

Why doesn't someone go to the stadium and take some pictures of this so called activity with plant machinery??

• Thanks 1