British Speedway Forum

[ Yes mate they are moving pits because the existing one is next to someone's back door. ]

Looking at Google maps,they built that house so close to the pits on purpose!,

aa.png

I bet the person who bought that house was told by the sales person, the speedway is finishing. I think  if complaints raise their ugly head the council need to tell the owners to take it up the complaint with the house builder. Then tell the owners the truth.

Tbh, don't know what there is to complain about. Free speedway from your bedroom window, sounds good to me!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Deano said:

I bet the person who bought that house was told by the sales person, the speedway is finishing. I think  if complaints raise their ugly head the council need to tell the owners to take it up the complaint with the house builder. Then tell the owners the truth.

The were probably told the stadium was moving, which it was in the original masterplan.

3 hours ago, noggin said:

Tbh, I don't see the point of demolishing a perfectly good stand, I get replacing the back one to accommodate new one with ref box etc as start line moving, more facilities the better.

They need more seats at The Shabbey, the main stand has only about 50 seats, not including the restaurant area. That back straight shed certainly needs removing. Good idea to have tapes and pits there with new seated stand.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbh, don't know what there is to complain about. Free speedway from your bedroom window, sounds good to me!!

Haha would be cool, seriously though a dozen or so meetings for 30 mins of noise isn't a lot.

One of the council conditions..........

'Noise emissions shall be monitored for each Speedway event held at the stadium and measured against the race noise trigger level of 57dBLAeq15min at the nearest residential properties. Before the third Speedway event takes place (at the new stadium) the stadium operator shall submit details to the Local Planning Authority for approval in writing, of a trigger noise value at the monitoring location at the nearest residential properties. Where the race noise level exceeds the trigger level on three consecutive events, the stadium operator shall submit a further acoustic assessment report to assess and evaluate whether or not there were any extenuating meteorological conditions that may have affected these results. Where no such mitigating factors are reported to the Local Planning Authority that may explain or justify exceedance of the trigger noise levels, before the expiry of 28 days of the notifiable third Speedway event, the stadium operator shall submit further details to the Local Planning Authority for approval in writing of a scheme to identify additional noise mitigation and control measures and these shall be implemented prior to the next Speedway event. Reason: In the interests of the amenities of nearby residents.'

Hopefully it passes the noise tests because I am not sure what additional noise mitigation would be? Even bigger acoustic barrier? 

250 car parking slots looks a toughie to cope with?

14 hours ago, eric i said:

'Noise emissions shall be monitored for each Speedway event held at the stadium and measured against the race noise trigger level of 57dBLAeq15min at the nearest residential properties. Before the third Speedway event takes place (at the new stadium) the stadium operator shall submit details to the Local Planning Authority for approval in writing, of a trigger noise value at the monitoring location at the nearest residential properties. Where the race noise level exceeds the trigger level on three consecutive events, the stadium operator shall submit a further acoustic assessment report to assess and evaluate whether or not there were any extenuating meteorological conditions that may have affected these results. Where no such mitigating factors are reported to the Local Planning Authority that may explain or justify exceedance of the trigger noise levels, before the expiry of 28 days of the notifiable third Speedway event, the stadium operator shall submit further details to the Local Planning Authority for approval in writing of a scheme to identify additional noise mitigation and control measures and these shall be implemented prior to the next Speedway event. Reason: In the interests of the amenities of nearby residents.'

Hopefully it passes the noise tests because I am not sure what additional noise mitigation would be? Even bigger acoustic barrier? 

At the NSS the back straight stand is an 'acoustic barrier'...

Seems to work well as when you are stood behind it you dont really hear the bikes.  

Height and depth I presume absorbs the noise...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, eric i said:

Most complaints are first submitted about 30 minutes prior to the first race. Which as we all know is when the bikes are warmed up in the pits, This is the only time when more than four machines will be running at one time on the downside it is the most prolonged time span. When someone is that annoyed they are prepared to make a complaint then the following 15 races could tip them over the edge.

with the start positioned on the other side the exausts will be away from the housing so the noise levels will be lowered in the residential areas.

If I were the promotion I'd go around to those houses in February & give them a season ticket. It's much harder to complain if you have taken a gift beforehand

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Technik said:

Most complaints are first submitted about 30 minutes prior to the first race. Which as we all know is when the bikes are warmed up in the pits, This is the only time when more than four machines will be running at one time on the downside it is the most prolonged time span. When someone is that annoyed they are prepared to make a complaint then the following 15 races could tip them over the edge.

with the start positioned on the other side the exausts will be away from the housing so the noise levels will be lowered in the residential areas.

If I were the promotion I'd go around to those houses in February & give them a season ticket. It's much harder to complain if you have taken a gift beforehand

I agree. Maybe not a season ticket, but certainly free entry to meetings.

Get the neighbours on board then you not only stop complaints but get bigger crowds and a better atmosphere.

Photo id and proof of address. Let them in. And put ads through all the letterboxes so that they know about it.