British Speedway Forum

Ffs there's so much noise from everyone's diesel tractors they have as cars theses days, it's not the noise at all, they just don't like speedway. 

4 hours ago, Grachan said:

I agree. Maybe not a season ticket, but certainly free entry to meetings.

Get the neighbours on board then you not only stop complaints but get bigger crowds and a better atmosphere.

Photo id and proof of address. Let them in. And put ads through all the letterboxes so that they know about it.

and if that doesn't work there's always arson and a terror campaign

• Like 1

20 hours ago, noggin said:

Haha would be cool, seriously though a dozen or so meetings for 30 mins of noise isn't a lot.

If we have to be seroius....

then young families would prob get annoyed by the noise but then you prob wouldn't get a house next to a race track! I can remember Arsenal getting this when they were at Highbury, neighbours complaining about the noise. So not just speedway unfortunately!

On 9/25/2021 at 2:25 PM, lisa-colette said:

If we have to be seroius....

then young families would prob get annoyed by the noise but then you prob wouldn't get a house next to a race track! I can remember Arsenal getting this when they were at Highbury, neighbours complaining about the noise. So not just speedway unfortunately!

Fortunately! :)

I used to live on the flightpath for Heathrow airport & back in the day we used to witness Concorde fly over twice each day. The local people that had been there years would look up & see the big dart shaped plane & say "Must be 11:00 there's Big Nose" whilst new people would complain about the noise.

There was one woman that sent a complaint to the council about the noise that she encountered each day when Concorde flew over saying it was unbearable for the 2 or 3 minutes that she could hear the supersonic jet fly over. The councils reply was that she should close her windows for a few minutes each day to reduce the noise level in her house.

• Like 3

Entertaining though this thread is ........ really,  a speedway track so close to a new housing development that the shale will pepper the residents washing as it hangs out to dry. I am minded to think of a well known bedding shop - DREAMS.

Sittingbourne have had severe planning restrictions with noise barriers,  and an 8.30pm curfew, on a track located on an industrial estate, due to one resident who lives a a mile away from the stdium. Appeals have been rejected. 

Hundreds of new homeowners, none of whom are likely to be faintly interested in Speedway will not put up with the noise and dust from a speedway track in their back yards.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Entertaining though this thread is ........ really,  a speedway track so close to a new housing development that the shale will pepper the residents washing as it hangs out to dry. I am minded to think of a well known bedding shop - DREAMS.

Sittingbourne have had severe planning restrictions with noise barriers,  and an 8.30pm curfew, on a track located on an industrial estate, due to one resident who lives a a mile away from the stdium. Appeals have been rejected. 

Hundreds of new homeowners, none of whom are likely to be faintly interested in Speedway will not put up with the noise and dust from a speedway track in their back yards.

So how many new houses have been built and occupied since speedway last ran there in 2019? I thought there was a ban on any more new builds?

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

no problem at NSS houses right behind back straight just seperated by a wall  and houses across the road on grandstand side !!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

So how many new houses have been built and occupied since speedway last ran there in 2019? I thought there was a ban on any more new builds?

New developments usually have to have an element of social housing, so maybe that is where they are located? :unsure: 

Is it the unsocial people that move into social housing? 

• Haha 2

I know we've had this headline before, but the Adver is now reporting that work has started on the new stadium. 

Work starts on Swindon Speedway's new Abbey Stadium | Swindon Advertiser

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ray Stadia said:

New developments usually have to have an element of social housing, so maybe that is where they are located? :unsure: 

No social housing as far as I know

Seen photos of building work starting and pre-fabs ready for going up, just hope they aren't flats !!!:unsure:

1 hour ago, hagonshocker said:

No social housing as far as I know

About 20% is social housing but don't know if they are near track. Fantastic news.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 3