British Speedway Forum

Reading some of the posts on here from supposed speedway/Swindon 'fans', one could easily believe that most want the Robins NOT to return!! Unbelieveable really.

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Reading some of the posts on here from supposed speedway/Swindon 'fans', one could easily believe that most want the Robins NOT to return!! Unbelieveable really.

What utter nonsense.. 

12 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Really god most Robins fans have trusted people and in LIFE in general.I believe the Robins are finished,  i was deluded thinking that things would work out in my heart wanted things to pan  out  well .I can’t see it now houses to be built on the Abbey soon  it will be demolished when it suits them.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

If they start to build the stadium then that’s a good thing right? Small steps etc.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

What posts are you on about ?   unbelieveable was your stupid gloating the moment you knew a digger in the car park you could not even wait a day to start giving stick to the people who never thought  a stadium will be built   ... What a idiot you look now. 

All Swindon fans want them  to race again but don't want the total bull that is fed to them .

Edited by orion

8 minutes ago, Deano said:

If they start to build the stadium then that’s a good thing right? Small steps etc.  

Not when its gaming   int its not 

Edited by orion

49 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Even Oxford fans don't want Swindon to close, but you have to be a realist where Gaming International are concerned. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, orion said:

What posts are you on about ?   unbelieveable was your stupid gloating the moment you knew a digger in the car park you could not even wait a day to start giving stick to the people who dont think a stadium will be built   ... What a idiot you look now. 

All Swindon fans want them  to race again but don't want the total bull that is fed to them .

Orion, for me  i am not not to worried about the new stadium yet to not run again( no Covid excuses says it all).Not surprised they  could  still run  in the old stadium and be viable 1, 200   plus most meetings think that is it end of angry upset gutted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Orion, for me  i am not not to worried about the new stadium yet to not run again( no Covid excuses says it all).Not surprised they  could  still run  in the old stadium and be viable 1, 200   plus most meetings think that is it end of angry upset gutted.

I think most fans were never to worried about a new stadium and were more than happy to stay in the old one . Of course a new Stadium looked like it would  secure a long time future for the sport in the town but of course Gam int have plotted, hoodwinked and conned every one  as they do every time useing the building of the New Stadium to stop Swindon from running hoping to kill the club off so they can knock the old Stadium down with no one caring enough anymore  to stop them .

As i said already said  its matter of time before the work will stop for some reason stopping us from running in 2023 as well 

Edited by orion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, orion said:

I think most fans were never to worried about a new stadium and were more than happy to stay in the old one . Of course a new Stadium looked like it would  secure a long time future for the sport in the town but of course Gam int have plotted, hoodwinked and conned every one  as they do every time useing the building of the New Stadium to stop Swindon from running hoping to kill the club off so they can knock the old Stadium down with no one caring enough anymore  to stop them .

As i said already said  its matter of time before the work will stop for so reason stopping us from running in 2023 as well 

Gutted Orion really gutted today hurt not surprised though .  Me and you have not always got on but you were right you were always pessimistic you did get shot down over the months but you were  totally right. I was naive thought everything would pan out but after today no hope in my view DECIDED done and dusted a rubbish day.

3 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Gutted Orion really gutted today hurt not surprised though .  Me and you have not always got on but you were right you were always pessimistic you did get shot down over the months but you were  totally right. I was naive thought everything would pan out but after today no hope in my view DECIDED done and dusted a rubbish day.

i think i just looked at GI history and the fact there first  plan was to pulled the place down and build houses ... i think its harsh to think yourself as naive on this because they really went to town on this .. Big plans , Photo's with MP'S with  Rosco , Clarke . arm and arm at council meetings etc etc .... Very hard not to think it would happen seeing  how big the dream they were selling 

10 hours ago, orion said:

i think i just looked at GI history and the fact there first  plan was to pulled the place down and build houses ... i think its harsh to think yourself as naive on this because they really went to town on this .. Big plans , Photo's with MP'S with  Rosco , Clarke . arm and arm at council meetings etc etc .... Very hard not to think it would happen seeing  how big the dream they were selling 

Life is unfair but the LIES that we  were told are unforgivable really the supporters deserved better.Not surprised though the last year in 2019  when they changed the track shape  was good there were a few teething problems but the track ended up serving up some great racing. 

Edited by Sidney the robin

Having spent many happy evenings at Blunsden I think that it's an absolute disgrace the way Swindon fans have been toed along...and that's from an Oxford fan the enemy down the road!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mimmo said:

With Swindon declaring they won't be running in 2022, and Wolverhampton saying they won't operate in such a small league next year, unless a few Championship sides opt to move up, if you can really calling moving up, then the Premiership would appear to be dead in the water.
If it is, how would that affect the Eurosport contract, as they don't seem interested in covering Championship meetings.  

It's a lever for CVS to get a "greater" share of the TV money to stay in the 6 team league, he's covering all his bases and good luck to him.

29 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

It's a lever for CVS to get a "greater" share of the TV money to stay in the 6 team league, he's covering all his bases and good luck to him.

Self interest is all that matters, for the majority of promoters.