British Speedway Forum

They just dont care, smallmead could have still been open even on temp 3 yr leasing for at least 10 yr after it shut, they just destroy that bsi/gaming mob

13 hours ago, Byker Biker said:

It's a lever for CVS to get a "greater" share of the TV money to stay in the 6 team league, he's covering all his bases and good luck to him.

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. CVS has said on numerous occasions that he will not race in a 6 team league. A shortened fixture list has worked this year

beacuse of covid, but long term it is unviable. CVS knows the fans won't support it and the lack of variety is awful. He want's a bigger league which would be beneficial to everyone, simple as that really.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

He want's a bigger league which would be beneficial to everyone, simple as that really.

A bigger league will only benefit 5 promoters of which he is one. Self-interest above everything, it is why speedway is where it is.

14 minutes ago, MARK246 said:

A bigger league will only benefit 5 promoters of which he is one. Self-interest above everything, it is why speedway is where it is.

Coul you explain why that is ?

48 minutes ago, MARK246 said:

I'm not sure that only 5 promoters would benefit from a bigger league but the top league must employ a further 4 clubs to make a viable competition. A 10 team league with 2 home & 2 away meetings with each gives all clubs 18 home fixtures. This has to be a more appealing season for any fan base. But of course there is the problem of where to find suitable riders to fill those extra 4 teams. I hope by next season travel will be much easier & Poland can relax their strangle hold on the Worlds riders.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

They just dont care, smallmead could have still been open even on temp 3 yr leasing for at least 10 yr after it shut, they just destroy that bsi/gaming mob

To be fair it was the council that insisted Smallmead close... GI's sin was making excuses not to build a new one when the council offered the land.

1 hour ago, Beowulf said:

Coul you explain why that is ?

Buster owns 2

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Technik said:

Poland can relax their strangle hold on the Worlds riders.

can only see that getting worse

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevehone said:

can only see that getting worse

I know it's an unpopular view on here but i think Polish league speedway will eventually destroy leagues in all the other countries.

4 hours ago, topsoil said:

I know it's an unpopular view on here but i think Polish league speedway will eventually destroy leagues in all the other countries.

It may be unpopular but it's a very honest assessment. I've been laughed at and mocked for saying this but if you can't beat them join them. Instead of living in the past and pretending the British League is still the worlds premier competition why can't our promoters or even motorsport loving business people get together and enter a British "franchise" team into the Polish leagues? The financial backing and logistics required would be huge but if it could be done I believe it would be a winner with the fans and sponsors alike. You only have to see how much the German riders have improved by having two teams in the competition. Sunday racing every other week and long weekends away in a nice Polish city via Wizz air if any fans wanted to travel to the away meetings. 

Yes laugh at me but If I was a millionaire or could get people to invest I would be going for this.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesHarris said:

It may be unpopular but it's a very honest assessment. I've been laughed at and mocked for saying this but if you can't beat them join them. Instead of living in the past and pretending the British League is still the worlds premier competition why can't our promoters or even motorsport loving business people get together and enter a British "franchise" team into the Polish leagues? The financial backing and logistics required would be huge but if it could be done I believe it would be a winner with the fans and sponsors alike. You only have to see how much the German riders have improved by having two teams in the competition. Sunday racing every other week and long weekends away in a nice Polish city via Wizz air if any fans wanted to travel to the away meetings. 

Yes laugh at me but If I was a millionaire or could get people to invest I would be going for this.    

I would prefer British teams to concentrate on the British leagues

• Like 2

On 10/6/2021 at 7:16 PM, Deano said:

If they start to build the stadium then that’s a good thing right? Small steps etc.  

Prime minister Boris Johnson has spoken out against the building of new homes on "green fields" and in England's "overheating" south east in his conference speech, and instead indicated a preference for "beautiful homes on brownfield sites"....... so with new housing surrounding the stadium site it is only a delaying tactic until excessive costs force closure of stadium announcements. 

As for Polish league speedway eventually destroy leagues in all the other countries ...... they need to cut their cloth accordingly. The top tier of riders have every right to chase the money which is the Polish League and then what works financially or logistically. Unfortunately the local Government or City Councils are happy to support + promote Speedway most of the new stadia is funded by City Councils and most are accepting of the sport plus they see the City having a successful Speedway team as a positive for promotion , tourism and media opportunity.  In the UK we are all about noise pollution and closing venues down.      

4 hours ago, orion said:

Depends how you look at it ,. imo is the the uk should have  one big league and you should only  be allowed  to  sign for one uk club and  not join any outside the uk .. meaning we can run 7 days a week with no double up riders etc . Surely thats the way forward .

In an ideal world, yes. But good luck finding enough riders of a similar standard, willing to ride in this country, to make 'one big league'. Unless, of course, you need some tracks to close?

13 minutes ago, topsoil said:

I would prefer British teams to concentrate on the British leagues

Agree.