British Speedway Forum

10 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

I think you mean the stadium demolition is progressing well!!. I guess the site needs to be flattened before they can think about putting houses on it!! I wonder what the excuse will be not to build once the old girl has been demolished meaning there is no way speedway could even run on the old site. 

Surely the units stacked up in the car park are not housing units but office and grandstand units?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

I think you mean the stadium demolition is progressing well!!. I guess the site needs to be flattened before they can think about putting houses on it!! I wonder what the excuse will be not to build once the old girl has been demolished meaning there is no way speedway could even run on the old site. 

Spot on ... all to be a fly on the wall as Clark and co plot there next step  to close the speedway down for good . Not sure funny is  the right word but can't wait to see what the next move is to stop us racing next  season 

Edited by orion

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Surely the units stacked up in the car park are not housing units but office and grandstand units?

Yeah its all for show no doubt. Move a few containers down to make it look like they are trying to get it done before some issue arises which will prevent the build. Of course, I would love to be proven wrong but it will never happen. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, orion said:

Spot on ... all to be a fly on the wall as Clark and co plot there next step  to close the speedway down for good . Not sure funny is  the right word but can't wait to see what the next move is to stop us racing next  season 

Surely at some point, it would actually be easier to build a basic stadium and then either let it go bust naturally, or be forced out of business by the noise complaints from the neighbours. How much is the current charade costing...? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

They don’t look like units which a grandstand can be built from. More like portable office units being stored. Portable being the operative word so they can get “ported” off somewhere when required. 

• Like 1