Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

for those doubters about a new stadium being built, Alun has spoken. So all is good.

Yeah and come out with this pearl of wisdom.... "Ask the Newport, Reading and Oxford fans. The stadium cannot be knocked down until the new one is built so we have speedway". Would that be the same Reading and Newport that dont have new stadium but have seen old ones knocked down?

I'm also confused, how can they go from one to the other mid-season if the new stadium is being built over some of the older stadium?

Edited by SCB

Yet amazingly with the information available to us, the fans predicted that them timings were rubbish as they did with BV. Funny that :D

Yes, but as the custodian of the situation, TR could only go with the promises that were being given to him. What do folks expect him to say publicly, if the developer is assuring him things are OK and are on track. It's a different matter to guess and insinuate on a social media with no direct responsibilities, than be in the middle trying to makes things work for everyone.

At least they got a plan and fans get a new stadium during the year, despite others doubting anything they hear.

Yeah and come out with this pearl of wisdom.... "Ask the Newport, Reading and Oxford fans. The stadium cannot be knocked down until the new one is built so we have speedway". Would that be the same Reading and Newport that dont have new stadium but have seen old ones knocked down?

I'm also confused, how can they go from one to the other mid-season if the new stadium is being built over some of the older stadium?

Have faith dear boy, have faith and also some patience.

All will be revealed in the fullness of time.....

Edited: to remove Duplicate Quote.

Edited by The White Knight

Yes, but as the custodian of the situation, TR could only go with the promises that were being given to him. What do folks expect him to say publicly, if the developer is assuring him things are OK and are on track. It's a different matter to guess and insinuate on a social media with no direct responsibilities, than be in the middle trying to makes things work for everyone.

At least they got a plan and fans get a new stadium during the year, despite others doubting anything they hear.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that TR is in an awkward position on this one. But don't have a go at the fans for questioning things, especially when it turns out weeks later that they were right to questions things. Maybe in that instance "stay quiet" would have been the best advice he could have been given. Also then knowing that was unlikely, why host a farewell meeting?

I'm still not convinced we'll see a new stadium this season.

They can do the following as only the perimeter of the stadiums overlap on the corner of the present stadium at bend 1 and I understand that they may need to shorten the straights of the present stadium inorder to build the new stadium corner. There is room for the new dog and speedway track to be built while the shortened track is in use.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I agree that TR is in an awkward position on this one. But don't have a go at the fans for questioning things, especially when it turns out weeks later that they were right to questions things. Maybe in that instance "stay quiet" would have been the best advice he could have been given. Also then knowing that was unlikely, why host a farewell meeting?

I'm still not convinced we'll see a new stadium this season.

I was having a go at one in particular who still hasn't got over 2010, and probably never will

Stay quiet and be damned. Not usually an option you can get away with.

Because the fans expected one and they got one. Why cancel it, and if the developers don't build the stadium there are some, like Davy, will argue he knew all along and they had no intention of holding one.

NB

Being a 'player' is a damsight harder than being a permanent critic. Critics are apparently never wrong (but don't achieve anything either).

Have faith dear boy, have faith and also some patience.

All will be revealed in the fullness of time.....

Edited: to remove Duplicate Quote.

Patience!.......ask Reading fans if they have any patience, ask Milton Keynes fans if they have any patience and ask Bristol fans if they have any patience.

I agree with you about all will be revealed in fullness of time, trouble is most peoples patience will have run out by then!

Patience!.......ask Reading fans if they have any patience, ask Milton Keynes fans if they have any patience and ask Bristol fans if they have any patience.

I agree with you about all will be revealed in fullness of time, trouble is most peoples patience will have run out by then!

People said exactly the same about the Belle Vue Stadium. In fact I even started to have niggling doubts myself. Mostly from reading some Posters on here. Look where we are now at Belle Vue - I am sure it will be the same for Swindon.

People said exactly the same about the Belle Vue Stadium. In fact I even started to have niggling doubts myself. Mostly from reading some Posters on here. Look where we are now at Belle Vue - I am sure it will be the same for Swindon.

If the building runs into problems there's a ready made stadium 30 miles from Swindon...at Cowley, Oxford!

The one good thing WK is they are not aloud to destroy the abbey until the new stadium is built.I had this nagging doubt after the farewell meeting, that the abbey would be pulled down and then a load of crap said about problems about a new stadium touch wood should be oK??

The one good thing WK is they are not aloud to destroy the abbey until the new stadium is built.I had this nagging doubt after the farewell meeting, that the abbey would be pulled down and then a load of crap said about problems about a new stadium touch wood should be oK??

I'm sure you will be OK sidney. I certainly hope so.

A further statement re the stadium on Robins website,

http://www.swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.2596

Thanks for that!

Just read the statement but I have to confess that July does seem to be rather optimistic bearing in mind we are likely to have a few 'iffy' months with the winter on our doorstep! Here's hoping that I am proved wrong but the statement(s) does suggest that speedway will continue next year which is the main thing.

It is pleasing to see Swindon make a statement re the new stadium.

In recent months the dialogue from the promotion has been poor and I would expect disappointing for the Robins fans.

I look forward to the new stadium ,hopefully in 2016 and wish all of the Robins supporters good luck.

Belle Vue's new stadium had it's hold ups as well but everything came through in the end

• Like 1