British Speedway Forum

18 hours ago, Lord Skid said:

I may be wrong, but when riders were forced into using the new quieter silencers, you know the ones where someone or some organisation had a nice little earner out of it, wasn't this to ensure that noise levels were legal for health and safety, and so doing away with noise problems with planners, councils etc.

Think you are wrong and actually the one we have now create more decibels than the ones before...

Dont understand the bit about someone getting money out of it...

21 hours ago, orion said:

22 press release saying that the stadium getting the thumbs up ..and still fans say great news .. I just  cant believe naïve gullible these people are ..what does Osbourne Clark have to do ?

What Osbourne & other developers should do ................ be accountable & rebuild or re-site new stadia before any houses are built as per the planning procedure.

They should never have been allowed to build houses before the speedway & stock cars were sorted.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

What Osbourne & other developers should do ................ be accountable & rebuild or re-site new stadia before any houses are built as per the planning procedure.

They should never have been allowed to build houses before the speedway & stock cars were sorted.

Of course that is what have should  happened .. sadly back handers are pass around and we always end up in the wrong place .. just are these  are these stupid anti greyhound people .. They just don't  understand that without Greyhounds the stadium won't fund itself and also Greyhounds are bred for racing no Racing no Greyhounds in the first place .

2 hours ago, orion said:

Of course that is what have should  happened .. sadly back handers are pass around and we always end up in the wrong place .. just are these  are these stupid anti greyhound people .. They just don't  understand that without Greyhounds the stadium won't fund itself and also Greyhounds are bred for racing no Racing no Greyhounds in the first place .

Interesting that a recent edition of the "Great British Railway Journeys" the presenter Michael Portillo paid a visit to Brough Park (Newcastle) to view the Greyhound Racing.

Edited by steve roberts

Surely it is better that fewer animals are bred than to keep breeding animals that are cruelty treated ?This isn’t specific to greyhounds, but any animal. It is like saying if you stop testing products on animals it is cruel because less beagles or monkeys will be bred . It was also the fox hunt argument that if hunts are banned then the dogs won’t be needed....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Surely it is better that fewer animals are bred than to keep breeding animals that are cruelty treated ?This isn’t specific to greyhounds, but any animal. It is like saying if you stop testing products on animals it is cruel because less beagles or monkeys will be bred . It was also the fox hunt argument that if hunts are banned then the dogs won’t be needed....

I agree on that thou I don't think Greyhound racing is cruel to start with .Sure there bad stories about how they are treated and what happens to them after they stop racing but your going to have  bad eggs in any group .

• Like 1

The only reason that they would want to move the track and retain it onsite, would be to squeeze a few more houses on to the development, Osbourne and his henchmen have no interest in any kind of Sport, and once they have finished Swindon Stadium, note i said finished not finished with, they will move there grubby little fingers down Wimborne and Torquay way, heaven help both of them..

1 hour ago, greyhoundp said:

The only reason that they would want to move the track and retain it onsite, would be to squeeze a few more houses on to the development, Osbourne and his henchmen have no interest in any kind of Sport, and once they have finished Swindon Stadium, note i said finished not finished with, they will move there grubby little fingers down Wimborne and Torquay way, heaven help both of them..

We survived his 'aspirations' at Cowley during the winter of 1975/76 and was glad to see the back of him.

14 hours ago, greyhoundp said:

By Wimborne I assume you mean Poole?!

The difference with Poole being that Osborne doesn't 'own' Poole Stadium - they lease it from Poole Council, who have stated they wish to retain the site as a sporting/leisure facility, with just a relatively small corner of the car park and an adjacent site being used for flats.

• Like 3

On 1/12/2020 at 10:56 AM, Skidder1 said:

By Wimborne I assume you mean Poole?!

The difference with Poole being that Osborne doesn't 'own' Poole Stadium - they lease it from Poole Council, who have stated they wish to retain the site as a sporting/leisure facility, with just a relatively small corner of the car park and an adjacent site being used for flats.

Yes i meant Poole, Im aware as to who owns Poole but never ever underestimate Clark Osbourne and his underling Bill Glass, Whilst they will milk Swindon Stadium for every last penny they can get out of it, Poole and Torquay will be reasonably safe, but when the time comes that they can get nothing more out of Swindon they will switch there attention further south..

15 minutes ago, greyhoundp said:

Yes i meant Poole, Im aware as to who owns Poole but never ever underestimate Clark Osbourne and his underling Bill Glass, Whilst they will milk Swindon Stadium for every last penny they can get out of it, Poole and Torquay will be reasonably safe, but when the time comes that they can get nothing more out of Swindon they will switch there attention further south..

Oh trust me I know all about Osborne and especially Bill Glass!!!

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 4:37 PM, orion said:

Really? Now I wonder what would be best ~ never being born or having to race? Greyhounds are not born that way they are trained by humans with money in mind as usual.  No good and they are discarded or sent to China to breed yet more of them, or eaten.  They are beautiful laid back dogs until trained differently. It's like saying all Border Collies are born to be working Sheep and live outdoors on a farm.  No farms = no Border Collies.  Perhaps you should take a look at the link below or look at CAGED Nationwide on Facebook. There are plenty of examples of how cruelly most of them are treated so would have been much better off never having been born.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/09/dog-breeder-let-three-greyhounds-starve-death-stuffed-one-freezer-12030888/?fbclid=IwAR3uCBdXviz4CnWQz2aIkybsv02v0KX66_RShXm7MC2C5sSGHYf13YNnVo4

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gemini said:

Really? Now I wonder what would be best ~ never being born or having to race? Greyhounds are not born that way they are trained by humans with money in mind as usual.  No good and they are discarded or sent to China to breed yet more of them, or eaten.  They are beautiful laid back dogs until trained differently. It's like saying all Border Collies are born to be working Sheep and live outdoors on a farm.  No farms = no Border Collies.  Perhaps you should take a look at the link below or look at CAGED Nationwide on Facebook. There are plenty of examples of how cruelly most of them are treated so would have been much better off never having been born.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/09/dog-breeder-let-three-greyhounds-starve-death-stuffed-one-freezer-12030888/?fbclid=IwAR3uCBdXviz4CnWQz2aIkybsv02v0KX66_RShXm7MC2C5sSGHYf13YNnVo4

The key is not all of  them are treated badly a fact that is lost on  you  . anyone could pick bad  examples in most things if they wanted to , we breed animals to eat so not sure what the big deal is about being breed to race what they love to do   and  the majority have a good life and are   well looked after. 

Edited by orion

On 1/11/2020 at 4:37 PM, orion said:

and also Greyhounds are bred for racing no Racing no Greyhounds in the first place

Are you suggesting the ancient Egyptians had a flutter on trap 6? Greyhounds weren't bred for racing, they are hunting dogs.

If you want a slightly different perspective on the treatment of racing greyhounds, I would suggest the following:

Spend about 30 seconds researching the subject.

Find someone who owns a pet greyhound (ex racer or otherwise) and spend a few hours with the dog. A more gentle creature does not exist on God's Earth.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

Are you suggesting the ancient Egyptians had a flutter on trap 6? Greyhounds weren't bred for racing, they are hunting dogs.

If you want a slightly different perspective on the treatment of racing greyhounds, I would suggest the following:

Spend about 30 seconds researching the subject.

Find someone who owns a pet greyhound (ex racer or otherwise) and spend a few hours with the dog. A more gentle creature does not exist on God's Earth.

i know many trainers of Greyhounds so i don't need to research the treatment Greyhounds as i have seen it  first hand . maybe if had you might have a better understanding  of the subject yourself .the  majority of Greyhounds are treated well  during and after they has finish racing and enjoy a good life .

I am suggesting that if was not for racing the dogs used at Swindon would not  be bred in the first place 

Edited by orion