British Speedway Forum

Yes - plenty of ideas!  But did you read my post properly?  The track isn’t financially viable even with the greyhound racing. Have you seen Gaming International’s last set of accounts?  The greyhound racing is loss making and the company has a paragraph in there about potentially not even being able to fund the stadium redevelopment.  Remind you of what happened with other tracks that Gaming International has owned?  It’s in the speedway’s interest to get the council to ensure that the company puts something in place that is going to make a profit. 

Why would you want the speedway track to be propped up by an industry that results in dogs being injured and killed each year anyway?  I can’t understand why any speedway team would want to be associated with it and why they’re not all actively working to get a more ethical and financially viable business in place at tracks to support them.  

26 minutes ago, JessicaJones said:

Yes - plenty of ideas!  But did you read my post properly?  The track isn’t financially viable even with the greyhound racing. Have you seen Gaming International’s last set of accounts?  The greyhound racing is loss making and the company has a paragraph in there about potentially not even being able to fund the stadium redevelopment.  Remind you of what happened with other tracks that Gaming International has owned?  It’s in the speedway’s interest to get the council to ensure that the company puts something in place that is going to make a profit. 

Why would you want the speedway track to be propped up by an industry that results in dogs being injured and killed each year anyway?  I can’t understand why any speedway team would want to be associated with it and why they’re not all actively working to get a more ethical and financially viable business in place at tracks to support them.  

I like Greyhound racing and want to  carry on just as much as speedway .. I understand some trainers are cruel to Greyhounds but we have bad eggs in all areas of life . Are you against people breeding Animals to Eat as well as race ? 

Why do you like greyhound racing? I love seeing dogs run but when they choose to, not when they are forced to. They are also made to run in all weathers - in the very cold and in heatwaves when other dog owners are advised not to walk their dogs. It seems very cruel. There are too many ‘bad eggs’ in the industry. I have seen the most horrific cruelty and it’s systemic, not just one off individual cases. If anyone loves dogs, they would not support greyhound racing. 

26 minutes ago, JessicaJones said:

Yes.

What I find funny are ironic about your Petition is when you used this  choice of Words about Greyhound racing … outdated industry that has no place in a modern town  It does not make economic sense to support investment into an activity which is declining so dramatically in popularity as a spectator sport. .

You might be correct about that but. quite clearly you could used those words to talk about speedway .  Surely you must  think Speedway should be closed down if believe in the above words 

4 minutes ago, JessicaJones said:

Why do you like greyhound racing? I love seeing dogs run but when they choose to, not when they are forced to. They are also made to run in all weathers - in the very cold and in heatwaves when other dog owners are advised not to walk their dogs. It seems very cruel. There are too many ‘bad eggs’ in the industry. I have seen the most horrific cruelty and it’s systemic, not just one off individual cases. If anyone loves dogs, they would not support greyhound racing. 

When was the last time owners  were  told not to walk there dogs ..have you got the links with the dates etc was there a time limit etc on how long they were allowed out  .. thanks in advance 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JessicaJones said:

No.  Not sure why you have interpreted it that way.  

Pretty easy . you give reasons why Greyhounds should not run . they are clearly set out in your petition in the points I have highlighted  .. So as I said thou reasons would apply to speedway if  you knew anything about the sport . So unless you don't  believe in your own words or they are untrue you must think speedway should be closed .

Edited by orion

1 minute ago, JessicaJones said:

No, we have been very clear that we support the speedway.  You are (deliberately?) misinterpreting the petition wording.  

But how can you .. these are your own words .. how can I be misinterpreting them ?  are quote them again 

15 minutes ago, orion said:

What I find funny are ironic about your Petition is when you used this  choice of Words about Greyhound racing … outdated industry that has no place in a modern town  It does not make economic sense to support investment into an activity which is declining so dramatically in popularity as a spectator sport. .

I think ever most Speedway fans would tell you that speedway is a qutdated industry that makes no economic sense and is declining dramatically .. but somehow you think it should kept open when greyhounds should be shut .

Stick to greyhounds being cruel for the reason for it to be closed . its quite clear you  zero idea about speedway and the state of the sport and just trying to get speedway fans  to support   you out in your crusade 

If speedway fans think it’s an outdated industry that makes no economic sense, that’s their view!  I’ve never said that’s mine.

24 minutes ago, JessicaJones said:

Yes, last summer.  Have a google.  It’s all there.  

I have  I can't see anything about dogs  not being allowed to be race for 30 seconds .. ..:rolleyes: 

44 minutes ago, JessicaJones said:

Whilst I don't want to get into an argument about the sport of Greyhound Racing, that comment just isn't true, last summer during the warmest of weather a number of meetings were cancelled in the South of the country for welfare reasons.

• Like 2