British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, NSS1 said:

Why doesn't someone go to the stadium and take some pictures of this so called activity with plant machinery??

They have..Fakebook page..Swindon Robins supporters group

Edited by auntie doris

12 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Old Bob you need to have a real think sometimes in what you  say ? ? Lee Kilby is not to blame in what happened at Eastbourne as for the 500 k houses  500 k you  are joking  ??? Those people who bought those premises  should have no say whatsoever they  knew the speedway  was there it has been there from 1949 simples.If they are not happy  pick somewhere else they should  have no say at all.

Just like Mildenhall!!!

41 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

Just like Mildenhall!!!

The do-good'ers in this world are slowly destroying it.

1 hour ago, Skodaman said:

Just like Mildenhall!!!

50 minutes ago, KevtheRev said:

The do-good'ers in this world are slowly destroying it.

As I recall, the problem at Mildenhall wasn't with race meetings themselves but with noise from the stadium at 2 or 3 in the morning from Banger racing people.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grachan said:

As I recall, the problem at Mildenhall wasn't with race meetings themselves but with noise from the stadium at 2 or 3 in the morning from Banger racing people.

And as I recall the RAF airbase that made it impossible to get noise measures from just the speedway.

Tweet from local MP Justin Tomlinson " we believe it is the start of the stadium works"..bloody hope so:)

• Like 4

I'm so out of the loop, what were the last approved plans? The last I remember is that the "new" stadium was going in place of the old one, which suggests it needs to be demolished before anything else can be erected (fnarr).

13 hours ago, MattK said:

I'm so out of the loop, what were the last approved plans? The last I remember is that the "new" stadium was going in place of the old one, which suggests it needs to be demolished before anything else can be erected (fnarr).

From what I can gather, they are keeping the track as it is, putting a few modular buildings around it and knocking the rest down.

I think the plan was to do one side as a time and keep the other open, then do the other side once the first is finished.

From what I've read, the tapes are moving to the opposite side, so would assume the it's a case of demolishing the unused back straight building and assembling new building there, pits also moving to opposite side, fingers crossed we see more activity now.

Edited by noggin
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, noggin said:

From what I've read, the tapes are moving to the opposite side, so would assume the it's a case of demolishing the unused back straight building and assembling new building there, pits also moving to opposite side, fingers crossed we see more activity now.

Will the existing back straight toilets be safe from demolition?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lefty said:

Lol remain for archaeological reasons.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lefty said:

They are grade 1 listed building, protected status:D

Edited by auntie doris

1 hour ago, noggin said:

Yes mate they are moving pits because the existing one is next to someone's back door. So doubt if they will demolish main stand before next year???

22 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Yes mate they are moving pits because the existing one is next to someone's back door. So doubt if they will demolish main stand before next year???

Tbh, I don't see the point of demolishing a perfectly good stand, I get replacing the back one to accommodate new one with ref box etc as start line moving, more facilities the better.

• Like 2