British Speedway Forum

15 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So how many new houses have been built and occupied since speedway last ran there in 2019? I thought there was a ban on any more new builds?

Just a few more near to main stand. One of the main sponsors lives just over road. So more or less same as 2019. Most roads are named after ex riders. Most fans had given up hope, including a sponsor. 

Edited by auntie doris

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

Just a few more near to main stand. One of the main sponsors lives just over road. So more or less same as 2019. Most roads are named after ex riders. Most fans had given up hope, including a sponsor. 

Its great news as confirmed in the Adver.  Now lets wait for the deluge of doom mongers to come and apologise!!:rofl::party::nono:

• Like 1

Let's see it built and confirmation from the Robins promotion that they are carrying on and then we can get excited 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Let's see it built and confirmation from the Robins promotion that they are carrying on and then we can get excited 

yes and jason doyle back at the abbey :t:

17 hours ago, Lefty said:

Is it the unsocial people that move into social housing? 

What on earth does that mean and what's it got to do with Speedway???

3 hours ago, auntie doris said:

About 20% is social housing but don't know if they are near track. Fantastic news.

Why are we discussing social housing?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, HackneyHawk said:

What on earth does that mean and what's it got to do with Speedway???

Depends if you want your car there at the end of the meeting. B)

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, auntie doris said:

About 20% is social housing but don't know if they are near track. Fantastic news.

Ah didn't know that...quite a surprise these days although would they be housing association?

3 hours ago, HackneyHawk said:

Why are we discussing social housing?

I think we're supposed to infer that they are less likely to complain about the noise, not sure if that would be true.

Never fails to amaze me that the folks near Brough Park don't go do lally as they overlook the pits and 1st bend.

11 minutes ago, ch958 said:

I think we're supposed to infer that they are less likely to complain about the noise, not sure if that would be true.

Never fails to amaze me that the folks near Brough Park don't go do lally as they overlook the pits and 1st bend.

That’s the missing Diamonds fans;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lefty said:

Depends if you want your car there at the end of the meeting. B)

Glad you find people falling on hard times funny

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Its great news as confirmed in the Adver.  Now lets wait for the deluge of doom mongers to come and apologise!!:rofl::party::nono:

Why dont you wait  to swindon are racing at  the new track  before you get your i told you so comments in ...... From what the builders have been saying i am not sure its going to be as straight forward as some people  are thinking .... Yet again people getting carried away are putting  far to much trust in Gaming int .

I have a feeling this has a long way to run yet .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Glad you find people falling on hard times funny

I don’t think living in social housing means the occupiers have fallen on hard times. They are for families who cannot afford, from their income, to pay the high price houses that some areas have. This would include low pay workers like nurses, care workers, transport workers etc. Those workers have been classed as “key” workers and no doubt they work in those sectors because they like the job, even though it’s not high pay. I think they may be upset if some class them as they have fallen on hard times. I think the not often used now term of council houses would have been similar in the past. I was brought up in a council house, and though we didn’t have bags of money we certainly was not on hard times.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I don’t think living in social housing means the occupiers have fallen on hard times. They are for families who cannot afford, from their income, to pay the high price houses that some areas have. This would include low pay workers like nurses, care workers, transport workers etc. Those workers have been classed as “key” workers and no doubt they work in those sectors because they like the job, even though it’s not high pay. I think they may be upset if some class them as they have fallen on hard times. I think the not often used now term of council houses would have been similar in the past. I was brought up in a council house, and though we didn’t have bags of money we certainly was not on hard times.

This is fair. Lefty clearly see's social housing as low life car thieves 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, orion said:

Why dont you wait  to swindon are racing at  the new track  before you get your i told you so comments in ...... From what the builders have been saying i am not sure its going to be as straight forward as some people  are thinking .... Yet again people getting carried away are putting  far to much trust in Gaming int .

I have a feeling this has a long way to run yet .

The phrase "due to unforeseen circumstances" is one that you do fear could raise its ugly head...

As could "we did try"......

Hopefully GI will come through....

• Like 1