Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

matt ford doesnt rent from the council,stadia uk are the stadium leaseholders(long lease from the council)and matt has to negotiate a deal with them,stadia uk also have all monies from parking,food,bar sales etc

Great news. It's going to be difficult to be ready for July but the main thing is that it gets built and I don't suppose most Swindon fans will be too bothered if it's not ready until 2017.

• Like 1

Great news. It's going to be difficult to be ready for July but the main thing is that it gets built and I don't suppose most Swindon fans will be too bothered if it's not ready until 2017.

I thought the new track impinges on the old track?

How will that work mid-season?

"Mid season" Your optimism does you credit.

Unless they have moved the position of the new one it does, so cannot see a mid season move.

Edited by A ORLOV

A further press release now explaining that the stadium will not be ready till about Sep or Oct, what a surprise,NOT.

Opportunity for another farewell meeting then...

• Like 3

What a Public Relations disaster...but I shouldn't be surprised knowing that Clark Osbourne is involved knowing his involvement over the proposed sale of Cowley Stadium way back in 1975!

Surely the correct way of going about things was making sure that planning issues had been obtained and cleared before making announcements regarding completion of work and a proposed opening date and running a 'Farewell Meeting' of all things?

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1