British Speedway Forum

Unless it is listed, then it is not usually necessary for planning permission to knock down a building. The planning permission is only needed to rebuild and with a derelict eyesore of a piece of land is often granted. Long Eaton/Dudley Wood etc

Do you not find it worrying, that no Planning Permission for the new Stadium has yet been submitted.

I know I do.

With Doyle signing for Swindon, and Rroscoe having half a team in place, surely someone must know Swindon going to race in 2016.

• Like 1

Do you not find it worrying, that no Planning Permission for the new Stadium has yet been submitted.

I know I do.

Outline planning permission has been submitted and accepted, but detailed planning permission is held up due to two issues that need to be resolved. One is a drainage issue and the second is a noise abatement method, the answers to these need to be submitted to the council before agreement to build can start. As has been mentioned earlier the likely timescale is that these issues that should have been sorted ages ago could now go before a planning meeting in early 2016.

Shambolic, then. Noise abatement is a joke, but should have been sorted out ages ago. A speedway stadium only operates for a few hours a week anyway. I had thought with Doyle signing this thread would have been full of good news. Surely to goodness Swindon haven't let themselves be hoodwinked?

• Like 1

I believe Terry Russell is a very smart businessman who knows how to make money from speedway. He will be under no illusion about the alleged "bandits" he is dealing with over the new Swindon stadium. He was fully aware of the lengthy Reading debacle.

Having an "End of Abbey stadium" event was a great opportunity to make "loads of dosh" even if it wasn't really the end.

Tragically, local authority employees are amateurs compared to the "New Stadium" management so I have great fears that Swindon's new stadium will not happen. I hope that I'm wrong.

Shambolic

Shambolic, then. Noise abatement is a joke, but should have been sorted out ages ago. A speedway stadium only operates for a few hours a week anyway. I had thought with Doyle signing this thread would have been full of good news. Surely to goodness Swindon haven't let themselves be hoodwinked?

Agree entirely! The whole Swindon Stadium scenario has been a public relations shambles! Having declared an 'End of Abbey Stadium' meeting without knowing what the future holds just smacks of incompetence and a lack of foresight (whoever is to blame) One can only hope that the people of Swindon have the opportunity to continue following speedway (however it seems very unlikely, at present, at a new stadium in the forceable future) and that it doesn't go the same way as Oxford and Reading!

Shambolic

Agree entirely! The whole Swindon Stadium scenario has been a public relations shambles! Having declared an 'End of Abbey Stadium' meeting without knowing what the future holds just smacks of incompetence and a lack of foresight (whoever is to blame) One can only hope that the people of Swindon have the opportunity to continue following speedway (however it seems very unlikely, at present, at a new stadium in the forceable future) and that it doesn't go the same way as Oxford and Reading!

But if the stadium had closed without a "End" meeting, fans would have been similarly outraged that the Abbey Stadium had closed without a suitable closure meeting that you all wanted.

Damned if you do, or damned if you don't.

• Like 4

But if the stadium had closed without a "End" meeting, fans would have been similarly outraged that the Abbey Stadium had closed without a suitable closure meeting that you all wanted.

Damned if you do, or damned if you don't.

But that only applies if TR wasn't aware of the fact that the new stadium wasn't going to appear..

I have my doubts about that .

But that only applies if TR wasn't aware of the fact that the new stadium wasn't going to appear..

I have my doubts about that .

Yes, but you have doubts about everything and contribute nothing.

Yes, but you have doubts about everything and contribute nothing.

I have no doubts about the integrity of the BSPA and their hangers on, or the direction the sport is going in .

Edited by Dave Jones

I have no doubts about the integrity of the BSPA and their hangers on, or the direction the sport is going in .

Funny i've never heard you say that before. Keep posting the Jokes but, as they are usually good.

Funny i've never heard you say that before. Keep posting the Jokes but, as they are usually good.

I tell you what , you keep posting , trying to convince everyone what a genuine bunch your buddies are , and I will carry on posting my thoughts based on the real evidence that presents itself as the season progresses.

I tell you what , you keep posting , trying to convince everyone what a genuine bunch your buddies are , and I will carry on posting my thoughts based on the real evidence that presents itself as the season progresses.

I don't need to. I will speak as i find/know without an agenda, unlike you and your mates. You wouldn't recognise something good that the BSPA did, even it was wrapped in shale and hit you square between the eyes. Keep going with the Jokes thought. :D

I don't need to. I will speak as i find/know without an agenda, unlike you and your mates. You wouldn't recognise something good that the BSPA did, even it was wrapped in shale and hit you square between the eyes. Keep going with the Jokes thought. :D

I can always spot a good joke when I see one. That's why your posts stand out for me. :t:

Outline planning permission has been submitted and accepted, but detailed planning permission is held up due to two issues that need to be resolved. One is a drainage issue and the second is a noise abatement method, the answers to these need to be submitted to the council before agreement to build can start. As has been mentioned earlier the likely timescale is that these issues that should have been sorted ages ago could now go before a planning meeting in early 2016.

anybody can apply for planning permission etc...the biggest hurdle is finding someone to fund the building and completion of the drawings!!...so in lay mens terms, its all a load of bollox until the they start building!