British Speedway Forum

I was being sarcastic Rob. If you read through the whole thread, you will see my views on the chances of the rosco arena ever being built.

Very sad. Coventry - it makes you wonder who is next.

I still have hopes of a Coventry comeback and a new Swindon Stadium but I feel my hopes are being crushed at the moment.

Why doesn't someone who knows what is happening in both cases let the mugs Supporters know just what is going on.

Why doesn't someone who knows what is happening in both cases let the mugs Supporters know just what is going on.

As I said no one is getting taking them to task about this ...The Swindon media have let them get away with it .

I still have hopes of a Coventry comeback and a new Swindon Stadium but I feel my hopes are being crushed at the moment.

http://www.savecoventryspeedway.com/news.php?extend.97

Already arranged with regard to the Bees situation

I was being sarcastic Rob. If you read through the whole thread, you will see my views on the chances of the rosco arena ever being built.

I have read the whole thread and made many contributions. Unfortunately there's not enough hours in the day to study the overall contributions of most individual members.

I was merely highlighting that it is easy to be cynical but far more important to have healthy scepticism. The GI/Stadia UK/ Bristol Stadium story needs pulling together by a proper team of investigative journalists.

I have read with horror the naive acceptance of the many platitudes being issued by those involved in this story. You only have to look at the poor planning applications to ask whether they are a sign of incompetence or deliberate confusion and delaying tactics.

Last time I looked at the proposed site I saw a large puddle and a shack. I take it this is a sign of the reported drainage problems.

'Due diligence' should have dealt with that at the outset of the scheme. It stinks.

Edited by Rob McCaffery

Isnt it rather strange that these terrible drainage problems only effect the small section of the site where the new stadium is due to be placed and has amazingly not prevented the building of the hundreds of houses.....😕

• Like 5

The fans are the last to be told mate. And from Swindons point of view Thats why Rosco looked so miserable last night.

Edited by Starman2006

Forced as I am to speak cryptically (!), going back a few years concerning a potential new track not a million miles from where I live (wherever that could be) councellors advised against even trying to attempt planning pemission for one possible site as "the drainage there is terrible, it's a flood plain basically and so you wouldn't to build anything on it". Fast forward a couple of years and, low and behold, (very) many houses have been built on said site that was seen to be good afterall, even overcoming much public opposition concerning already existing traffic congestion due to the proximity of a school and a soon-to-be-built supermarket.

And so it came to pass that much flooding does indeed occur to the (very) many houses much to the disenchantment of new house owners and the traffic congestion has to be seen to be believed: think of a long, thin car park. The new supermarket owners seem happy however what with the (very) many customers literally on their doorstep. Funny how things sometimes work out....

Edited by Martin Mauger
  • Like 3

I see the Swindon North MP is stating that the Council and Stadia are close to agreeing a drainage redesign re the stadium, which is the final hurdle, well we wait and see if it is or if this is more bull excretia.

I see the Swindon North MP is stating that the Council and Stadia are close to agreeing a drainage redesign re the stadium, which is the final hurdle, well we wait and see if it is or if this is more bull excretia.

Have a feeling we will be waiting a long time ..as normal a bit of hopeful news to stop everyone moaning ..bang on time :mad:

• Like 2

Have a feeling we will be waiting a long time ..as normal a bit of hopeful news to stop everyone moaning ..bang on time :mad:

So will you get a new Stadium ? My guess is not.

• Like 1

Perhaps this might just provide a glimmer of light for a positive outcome.

I certainly hope so.

Actually Swindon winning the Play Off Final won't do their Case any harm either.

Edited by The White Knight

What are the options for 2018? Is the Abbey Stadium still fit for purpose, or will the new Cardiff-esque stadium that was originally promissed, who knows how long ago, going to be ready by next March?

What are the options for 2018? Is the Abbey Stadium still fit for purpose, or will the new Cardiff-esque stadium that was originally promissed, who knows how long ago, going to be ready by next March?

As long as there is dog racing I can see the speedway continuing in the present stadium. The stadium is fit for purpose but looking tired.

As long as there is dog racing I can see the speedway continuing in the present stadium. The stadium is fit for purpose but looking tired.

Yes, and the good thing is that the dog track is on the outside of the Speedway track, so the first sport to be affected by any building encroachment would be the dogs.