Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

As far as I can see, the details of the planning permission have not yet been published. Once this is done we'll be able to see the exact wording of the "conditions".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can there be a block put on the selling of the houses that have been built but not sold so that the developers do not get any monies until all issues have been met. Otherwise, get a JCB to part demolish these houses, on the quiet though by accident, as we know what Brandon will do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 1:38 PM, IronScorpion said:

Can there be a block put on the selling of the houses that have been built but not sold so that the developers do not get any monies until all issues have been met. Otherwise, get a JCB to part demolish these houses, on the quiet though by accident, as we know what Brandon will do.

What an incredible indeed IMO outrageous comment to make!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching the crashes and cock up DVD, despite reading how close the houses were, I was shocked to see them with my own eyes. Honestly any optimism of a long-term home at the Abbey has all but gone for me.

Really hope I am proved wrong.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gustix said:

What an incredible indeed IMO outrageous comment to make!

It's what happened at Cradley: I am astonished that they haven't had a 'mysterious fire' at Brandon, or an Irishman with a bulldozer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, *JJ said:

It's what happened at Cradley: I am astonished that they haven't had a 'mysterious fire' at Brandon, or an Irishman with a bulldozer.

Would prefer you didn't put ideas into people's heads!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 11:24 AM, *JJ said:

It's what happened at Cradley: I am astonished that they haven't had a 'mysterious fire' at Brandon, or an Irishman with a bulldozer.

Yes But Cradley had closed when that happened, The stadium itself was just laying empty like Brandon is at this moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2019 at 11:10 AM, greyhoundp said:

Yes But Cradley had closed when that happened, The stadium itself was just laying empty like Brandon is at this moment.

Yes? That is what I meant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it must be nigh on four years ago that Rossitor stood with a plan of the new stadium for the press to shout about, no nearer to a resolve.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Odds On said:

it must be nigh on four years ago that Rossitor stood with a plan of the new stadium for the press to shout about, no nearer to a resolve.

...and three plus years when I raised this particular thread!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I know a former reporter made the same views on the new stadium and has now been banned by club.  12  months on and still no progress. Unless you count a few marker pegs on th centregreen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kelvinlapworth said:

I wonder if the embarrassment still lingers from that "Goodbye to the Abbey" meeting a few year ago.  

I doubt it, farces occur in speedway on a weekly basis. That one has been swept well under the carpet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy