British Speedway Forum
robert72

Tai Should Never Ride For Team Gb Again

I hope you'll leave the forum but we can't get what we want.

why just because I have an opinion different to you or that I have a better understanding of riders taking the P out of the British supporters and don't like it.

why just because I have an opinion different to you or that I have a better understanding of riders taking the P out of the British supporters and don't like it.

Ha,ha,ha,ha! You really are a funny old bloke aint ya. Thank you for once again providing me with the biggest laugh I've had today. Oh and that's laughing AT you not with you :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

IF Tai does feel he is more Australian than English/British, why is he riding as a British rider? What is in it for Tai?

• Like 1

IF Tai does feel he is more Australian than English/British, why is he riding as a British rider? What is in it for Tai?

He's carrying out his dad's wishes, I would bet, much the same as Crumpie did.

• Like 2

He's carrying out his dad's wishes, I would bet, much the same as Crumpie did.

Could be I suppose....or his mum told him to?

No other rider has raised as much money as Tai has for Great Ormond Street hospital,or any other English charity, as far as I'm aware. Give him credit for that rather than slagging him off over a national anthem.

Whats great ormond St got to do with Speedway , or being loyal to britain ?

Team Place in national league , WTC , and Wildcard as a British rider in to the GP at the time he declared he was British . thats what was in it for Tai if it was possible to undo his declaration as British now he has had all the benefits he needs , I 100% guarantee he would

• Like 4

Because he's not Australian. He's British.

If you read the requirements for Australian citizenship, he doesn't qualify as he moved away before he was 16.

He's British.

• Like 3

If you read the requirements for Australian citizenship, he doesn't qualify as he moved away before he was 16.

He's British.

Which is a bit of a shame for Tai, if he would rather be classed as an Australian rider.

He's British.

What's that, facts? Can't you see I'm trying to be outraged here? ;)

• Like 2

What's the National Anthem got to do with speedway speedibee ?

A lot more than Great Ormond street , it's widely accepted worldwide that after winning an international event you will at the very least stand still while the anthem of your nation is played . Raising money for Great Ormond street does not excuse bad manners , cant imagine for 1 second that any other rider would be so Ignorant and self absorbed that they would replace their hat and start talking and giggling like a complete tosser while their anthem is being played .

Which is a bit of a shame for Tai, if he would rather be classed as an Australian rider.

he made his choice , and now he has to Live with it , I would say graciously but thats not a word I would associaite with plastic brits

• Like 4

Outdated Monarchy! you pathetic little person!! The Queen has given her whole life to serving this county and has been the best role model anyone could ask for. She has remained politically neutral. When our national anthem is played I feel proud to be British. Long may we have a monarchy and long may Her Majesty reign.

Some people don't need role models to live honest and decent lives, especially from a 'family' that has stolen from the people over many centuries...

Vive la République !
  • Like 2

He's British.

If he is British then the least he can do is to act like he's British, ie not to belt out another countries anthem and then talk and laugh your way through your own. I am a big supporter of Tai but looking at his actions lately it does seem he is using Britain as a flag of convenience and his heart is firmly in Australia. As posters have said ,a place in the National league,a Premier league / Elite league place with no Visa required ,then fast tracked to the World Cup and Grand Prix which would have been unlikely as an Australian rider.Even the conservative Speedway Star have picked up on this by running their article this week.

• Like 4

If he is British then the least he can do is to act like he's British, ie not to belt out another countries anthem and then talk and laugh your way through your own. I am a big supporter of Tai but looking at his actions lately it does seem he is using Britain as a flag of convenience and his heart is firmly in Australia. As posters have said ,a place in the National league,a Premier league / Elite league place with no Visa required ,then fast tracked to the World Cup and Grand Prix which would have been unlikely as an Australian rider.Even the conservative Speedway Star have picked up on this by running their article this week.

A fair analysis of the Tai Woffinden affair. It has all the hallmarks of what also happens to a greater extent in cricket and athletics.