British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wormy

Methanol

Would like to know where to buy Methanol from? and should it be a particular sort or mix?

Thanks

Thanks, live in Lincolnshire and have seen some on amazon but ideally would like to pick up as won't be using loads until can get out practising.

Where are you planning to do practice ? I presume, Scunthorpe ?

Most tracks will have a supply of methanol available to purchase.

Or is it that you need some before then ?

Where abouts in Lincolnshire do you live ?

Edited by MopTopWop

Used to be able to buy it from any decent-sized chemists. (I haven't bought any for a long time though)

If they ask what you want it for, tell them it's for your model aircraft club. They used to get a bit awkward if you said it was for Speedway bikes.

• Like 1

Thanks

Live in Grantham but Scunthorpe is good for now but Leicester and Peterborough both do practice dates. Will be few and far between bike will eventually sit in conservatory as an expensive ornament that I will take out and play with now and again.😊

• Like 1

Ran out now so got to get some soon, online prices are high and reasonable prices are too far to travel! Needs must.

Just bought some from a place in Lincoln so could be the same but will search thanks as go to Lincoln a fair bit.

Thanks John Leslie that's who I bought it from

Who much does it cost now?

From the track £8.50 _£9.00 a gallon . from bulk suppliers like builders merchants £20, for 25 litres , About £4 a gallon

• Like 2