British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

I see that Mark Lemon has started a gofundme page to support 'Team Australia's' Senior and U21 SWC campaigns:

https://www.gofundme.com/aesg4xhw

This follows on from the announcement in December of a cut in funding by Motorcycle Australia to all non-road racing functions:

http://www.ma.org.au/index.php?id=12&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=15526&tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=6&cHash=01c9983213

I think I'm right in saying that Prize Money for the 2016 SWC starts at US$25,000 for 1st Place reducing to US$8,500 for 9th Place.

At the Belle Vue final at the end of July, it would be really nice if they ot Ove Fundin to present the trophy to the winners, after all the trophy is named after him, but also Ove rode for Belle Vue back in 1967, and also gave us so much pleasure him riding Hyde Road track against the late Peter Craven so many times.

Be nice to see Ove do a lap of honour sat astride a JAP engine machine like he used to ride so well.

C'mon the FIM and Belle Vue - get it organised.

• Like 1

C'mon the FIM and Belle Vue - get it organised.

Great idea, but BSI runs the show.

I did meet Ove at one SWC final in Vojens,so he does go

Great idea, but BSI runs the show.

And what do they know and care?

BEEN to quite a few ... has an open invitation

Ove was also at the 100th GP along with a host of top speedway riders will there be a host of guests at the 200th this year

Ove was also at the 100th GP along with a host of top speedway riders will there be a host of guests at the 200th this year

THAT would be up to the FIM. Not sure that Teterow (think that is the 200th) quite fits the bill but maybe Stockholm.

The FIM organised the 100th celebration in Gelsenkirchen to which all the living World Champions were invited. Was lucky enough to act as MC that night and very enjoyable it was too.

There was a WC on each table and one of my roles was to interview them during the course of the evening. I knew that Egon Muller would attempt to break out into song and I was determined to stop him. I failed!

Edited by PHILIPRISING

THAT would be up to the FIM. Not sure that Teterow (think that is the 200th) quite fits the bill but maybe Stockholm.

The FIM organised the 100th celebration in Gelsenkirchen to which all the living World Champions were invited. Was lucky enough to act as MC that night and very enjoyable it was too.

There was a WC on each table and one of my roles was to interview them during the course of the evening. I knew that Egon Muller would attempt to break out into song and I was determined to stop him. I failed!

Thought it was a great idea in Gelsenkirchen.Remember one of my German friends asking me what Freddie Williams looked like.I had to tell her I had no idea unless he still looked like he did in the 50s,as I hadn't seen a photo of him from any later :D

There was a WC on each table and one of my roles was to interview them during the course of the evening.

Was there a WC on each table due to the age of some of the attendees and the fear of incontinence?

• Like 1

Booked our tickets three months ago - going in the temporary stands to be erected on bends 3-4

Just been and seen the seat plan and still loads of seats available.

Seniors (and certain other classes) get a seat for both the Friday evening semi and Saturday evening final for £45 (plus booking fee)

I think thats a real bargain, and really looking forward to what is going to be a great to nights racing on a brilliant track.

Booked our tickets three months ago - going in the temporary stands to be erected on bends 3-4

Just been and seen the seat plan and still loads of seats available.

Seniors (and certain other classes) get a seat for both the Friday evening semi and Saturday evening final for £45 (plus booking fee)

I think thats a real bargain, and really looking forward to what is going to be a great to nights racing on a brilliant track.

Paid £25 for both matches - now that's a bargain.

Grandstand & south terrace sold out. They are now selling tickets for West terrace on bend 1 - annoying really as I'd have preferred those to the south stand but they weren't on sale before.

Just need the Russians to join the party.

Edited by Noodles

Bargain as you say, Noodles, at £25 for to meetings but I wouldnt have got the wife to go if I had mentioned we would be standing for a good 2.5 hours.

No problem back in the 60's/70's back at Hyde Road, but now we in our 60's, fast approaching 70's it would be a no no.

Plenty of room in the temporary east stand bend 3-4 though one section (in the middle of the bend) has sold out I see.

Hope the weather is good on the Fri and Sat as the east stand has no cover (temporary stand)

Just a bit of weather advice, book your hotels up until the Monday and get that day booked off work. Any rain will move meetings back.

It's in Manchester remember