British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

well after starting to get a little tired of nl racing I couldn't wait to see the top boys, what a disappointment. if tonights no better it could be the end of my love affair with speedway. theres better stuff to do with my hard earned these days

• Like 1

referee let the Aussies move at the start . and should have excluded fricke . hugely dissapointed with the whole thing . crap racing and an Aussie ref . can only hope the swedes and Poles have their gating boots on tonight ,

Agree, can only see the Poles winning tonight, Fricke lucky not to be excluded he seemed to be freewheeling in to the corner.

• Like 2

IT'S great for them to race on, the riders love it, but that doesn't means it's conducive to very close racing with plenty pf passing at this level. Certainly not much chance of Jason Doyle on current from getting passed by anyone.

So who exactly is the sport for then?...the riders or the paying public?....stuff the public then as long as the riders love the surface eh?....The sport's really going to have a long term future with that sort of attitude, isn't it?!!

The racing was pathetic and people paid a lot of money to see that rubbish,so no matter how many riders loved it, the paying public won't keep turning up for that for long and then what will the riders do?

• Like 9

Agree, can only see the Poles winning tonight, Fricke lucky not to be excluded he seemed to be freewheeling in to the corner.

Had he not had a rider virtually stop in front of him, he would have exited the corner no problem.

Laguta's lock up was very similar to Gundersen's at Bradford and on a similar track where locking up is not the norm.

Had the same incident happened at Arena Essex, I think there would have been a case to exclude Fricke.

Whats the post code for the new stadium ?.

same as the old 1 probably

The track was TOO GOOD smooth ,grip and every rider loved it so your saying that when they get the racing surface they all ask for it is no good to race on ,this could only happen in this sport !!!!!!!!!!

this happens all the time riders and fans ask for more dirt/grip then cant turn the bikes and race propaly

there needs to be enough drip to gain speed but not too much that the y just get drive and no wheel spin

So if there putting extra speakers up now for tonight's meeting for the people in the East stand does that mean we get a refund on last nights meeting!! Little bit of a shambles comes to mind!!!

Poor start from Hans Nielsen as team manager.No way on earth should a team with Kurtz and Masters in it beat Denmark.Masters beat every Danish rider bar Iversen!!!!!God help us if that team beats most of our riders tonight.We have to be going out and beating all bar Doyle.Tai has to be beating all of them and got to hope that one or two of the others beat Doyle as well.Then we have to be picking off the other teams as well......

same as the old 1 probably

this happens all the time riders and fans ask for more dirt/grip then cant turn the bikes and race propaly

there needs to be enough drip to gain speed but not too much that the y just get drive and no wheel spin

Or use throttle control and not just hold it to the stop for four laps , and not become a race of the best tuner which is happening more and more by the day .

• Like 2

Having read the comments about the poor programme, does anyone know a suitable programme generator to print off my own for tonight?

• Like 1

Having read the comments about the poor programme, does anyone know a suitable programme generator to print off my own for tonight?

Depending how much time you have there will be one or two in the thread at the top of this section, they normally appear shortly after the teams are announced.

• Like 1

Weather is bright but a bit cloudy, just come past the stadium and it sounded like practice was still on. Hopefully the track will produce more overtaking than last night. I am sure Scott Nichols will be looking good tonight having ran into him in the Arndale Centre.

Does anyone think a six man team with 2 riders per team in the heats would be better.It might lead to a bit of team riding and be a better watch.As we saw last night the rider in front just went flat out on a super tuned bike.It didn't seem like a team event.It could be that I am used to seeing 2 riders each for league matches etc but the racing we saw last night was the worst I've seen this season at the NSS and I'm not blaming the track either.

• Like 1

Josh Grajczonek in for max fricke

Does anyone think a six man team with 2 riders per team in the heats would be better.It might lead to a bit of team riding and be a better watch.As we saw last night the rider in front just went flat out on a super tuned bike.It didn't seem like a team event.It could be that I am used to seeing 2 riders each for league matches etc but the racing we saw last night was the worst I've seen this season at the NSS and I'm not blaming the track either.

I've often thought the World Cup is an odd format with it being a team event and yet the riders ride as individuals.

I'd like to see riders paired together, more tactics come into play, especially if you have a 4,3,2,0 scoring system.

4 man teams and a reserve or 6 man teams could work.

I've often thought the World Cup is an odd format with it being a team event and yet the riders ride as individuals.

I'd like to see riders paired together, more tactics come into play, especially if you have a 4,3,2,0 scoring system.

4 man teams and a reserve or 6 man teams could work.

You thinking about pairs meeting... How could 6 man teams work when there are 3 countries in the world who can bring in 4 top level riders?