British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

Fantastic effort to get 2nd, when I was one of many doubters who thought we would be in the final just to make up the numbers. The proof in the pudding will be next year, when we will have to qualify and progress to the semi final and then on to the final. If we can achieve that, then maybe our fortunes as a international speedway nation will be turning a corner.

Fantastic effort to get 2nd, when I was one of many doubters who thought we would be in the final just to make up the numbers. The proof in the pudding will be next year, when we will have to qualify and progress to the semi final and then on to the final. If we can achieve that, then maybe our fortunes as a international speedway nation will be turning a corner.

We're automatically in the Semi-Finals.

We should make the Race-Off but getting to the Final will be a tough job.

Host countries since 2001:

Poland
UK

Denmark

UK

Poland

Denmark

Poland

Denmark

Poland

Denmark

Poland

Sweden

Czech Rep

Poland

Denmark

UK

Looks to me like it's our turn since the last two were in Denmark and the UK. Seems like this is the pattern lately: Poland, xx, xx, Poland, xx, xx

Poland

UK

Denmark

UK

Poland

Denmark

Poland

Denmark

Poland

Denmark

Poland

Sweden

Czech Rep

Poland

Denmark

UK

Looks to me like it's our turn since the last two were in Denmark and the UK. Seems like this is the pattern lately: Poland, xx, xx, Poland, xx, xx

Is it any wonder Poland have won so many golds? Although they have now won in Denmark and UK as well.

Poland

UK

Denmark

UK

Poland

Denmark

Poland

Denmark

Poland

Denmark

Poland

Sweden

Czech Rep

Poland

Denmark

UK

Maybe the revamped stadium in Wroclaw would be favourite.

I think it's more likely to have Poland organising it in 2017 AND 2019 rather than not organising it 4 years in a row, so my guess would be Poland 2017 (possibly Wroclaw), Sweden or Denmark 2018 and Poland 2019 (Gorzow)

I'm all for giving recognised speedway nations a go at the final, but with the system as it is where the host nation go straight to the final I wouldnt like to see it go to Latvia, Croatia, Slovakia, Italy or even Czech and Germany.

I would say its Sweden next, then Poland, Denmark and then uk again.

If the SWC is to have the host nation seeded to the final that host country MUST be worth their place in that final. Having a 3 team final would be a farce. It could be argued GB didn't deserve a place in 2016 but we have the world champion and got a silver. Can't see CZ, Germany, Latvia doing the same.

Maybe not,but Russia could.If Ice Speedway can organise international competitions,i think they can also do speedway.One side gives one answer,the other side, a completely different one.Who do we believe?I personally wouldn't trust either.Think there is a need for differing rules based on which country is hosting the event.Was crazy to put CZ through to the final,but any country should be able to host the meetings if they have the right facilities etc

Personally, the host nation should be At the race-off.

Almost everyone agrees with that?

Maybe, as with at Belle Vue this year ticket prices should be for both race-off and final regardless.

That way the venue doesn't lose out financially