British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

The National speedway stadium in Manchester is to hold the 2016 SWC Semi's and Final next season.

So Team GB make the final.

• Like 1

Great news , anyone know of any good hotels near the stadium ? Fancy coming up from Suffolk for this one . Friday for the race off and Sat for the final

i just put in Kirkmanshulme lane in the end looks like i may have found one already

Great news , anyone know of any good hotels near the stadium ? Fancy coming up from Suffolk for this one . Friday for the race off and Sat for the final

We stopped in the Premier Inn Denton last year, we got a good deal by booking very early, Might work in the first year of the SWC worth a try :wink:

Edited by Star Lady

Within a 5 minute walk there is a travel lodge and diamond lodge but they are not in the nicest part of Manchester. Within a 6 - 8 minute taxi ride you have any amount of hotels inc the city centre

Booked my hotel just now. Ibis hotel in city centre 100 quid for twin room for 2 nights, so plan is

Friday- speedway, clubbing

Saturday- speedway, clubbing pretty decent to me!

Ive paid £130 for 2 nights in a family room at Manchester central premier inn in the City centre.

Edited by woz01

Great to see the World cup in Manchester.

Sensible decision to put meetings on Friday and Saturday... No clash with Sheffield on a Thursday

Will Sheffield put an attractive match on the Thursday?

Edited by KIRKYLANE

So that`ll be Berwick visiting Owlerton Thursday July 28th, it in the diary. :D

• Like 1

Great to see the World cup in Manchester.

Sensible decision to put meetings on Friday and Saturday... No clash with Sheffield on a Thursday

Certainly good that Manchester get a couple of big meetings in their 1st season at the new track,but I wonder how wise it is to hold 2 meetings on consecutive days,plus I guess training as well?Or when do Team GB ride the track if they are seeded to the final?

Certainly good that Manchester get a couple of big meetings in their 1st season at the new track,but I wonder how wise it is to hold 2 meetings on consecutive days,plus I guess training as well?Or when do Team GB ride the track if they are seeded to the final?

The week before if they are able to fit it in, or have a meeting as soon as the track is available against an EL select.

• Like 2

The week before if they are able to fit it in, or have a meeting as soon as the track is available against an EL select.

Isnt that against the rules? Dont know of one myself, but didn't a rider complain about it this year or the year before regarding SWC?