British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

With GB now seeded to the final we lose one of Poland, Denmark, Sweden, Australia.

Could GB tempt Scott Nicholls back to ride on his home track ? A new man sits at the top of the BPSA so maybe new pay and sponsorship plans will be put in place.

I think it is brilliant news and fantastic for Belle Vue, and great that Team GB will be in the final. However, I have to be consistent and say the same thing I have said each of the last two years that the home nation should NOT be seeded to the final.

It means it is no longer a sporting spectacle if a nation is seeded without qualifying.

I have to agree totally on this one,hardly feels like a "competition" when theres just one meeting

Maybe a good compromise would be for the home nation to be seeded through to the thurs or fri runoff so at least they race in their own country and if good then get through to the final. This would probably get more fans to go to the runoff and also the final if pre booked.

agree with that.lets face it, all home nations want to see their side in the final, but

surely they should earn the right?..4 final teams would be strong good viewing, even without the home side.

would love to see brits do it, 1989 seems ages ago

agree with that.lets face it, all home nations want to see their side in the final, but

surely they should earn the right?..4 final teams would be strong good viewing, even without the home side.

would love to see brits do it, 1989 seems ages ago

Given the fact it is a new track, maybe it gives GB their best chance for years...?

Plenty of behind closed doors practice for the squad from the start of the season could be a major advantage....

Not many of the Polish, Swedes or Danish top riders will have even seen the track until the race off or the final given how so few ride over here, and the Aussies will only get to see it when their teams go there..

Time to look after No1 with a clear plan I would suggest..

yeah, and on the day, will clearly be backing the brits. personaly thought last year was excellent (thanks to lambet) for making it gripping to watch..coming through the week helps it build, but yeah, course im glad brits in final

Are there usually any other meetings before or after the SWC in that area?? I figured Sheffield is not far, when do they usually host their meetings? I wanna come over from Germany, so would be cool to catch as many meetings as possible. Of course i know fixtures for 2016 are not yet released, should still take some time i guess.

Woffy plus three from Harris Lambert nicholls and cook should be competitive, given for the latter two it will likely be there home track. Çertainly comparable with the Sweden team who were world champs this year

• Like 1

Woffy plus three from Harris Lambert nicholls and cook should be competitive, given for the latter two it will likely be there home track. Çertainly comparable with the Sweden team who were world champs this year

unless someone set the world alight I don't see anybody beyond the ones you mentioned

Are there usually any other meetings before or after the SWC in that area?? I figured Sheffield is not far, when do they usually host their meetings? I wanna come over from Germany, so would be cool to catch as many meetings as possible. Of course i know fixtures for 2016 are not yet released, should still take some time i guess.

Sheffield's race night is traditionally Thursday, so I am sure they will want to attract visitors to the Yorshire area for the SWC.

Hopefully a glamour tie against the Bayern Munich of speedway.................the Glasgow Tigers, of course :P

Spoken as someone who didn't witness the White City staged WTC finals of 1976, 1979 and 1982. Played out in front of a dismal crowd because England failed to qualify

And?

We are supposed to be a sport, the World Cup is supposed to be the best of the best. If I am paying £X I want to see the best of the best.

• Like 1

And?

We are supposed to be a sport, the World Cup is supposed to be the best of the best. If I am paying £X I want to see the best of the best.

With GB in the final you'll see the World Champ. Plus another GP rider in Bomber.

Cant get better than seeing the Champion making a very rare show in the UK

And?

And clearly you are in the minority, as the attendances at the events twk cited show most would rather see the host nation rather than the fourth best team.

Event 1 - Denmark, Poland, Russia, Czech Republic

Event 2 - Sweden, Australia, USA, Qualifier

Edited by Noodles

And clearly you are in the minority, as the attendances at the events twk cited show most would rather see the host nation rather than the fourth best team.

im in that minority too in that case.

Event 1 - Denmark, Poland, Russia, Czech Republic

Event 2 - Sweden, Australia, USA, Qualifier

Qualifier will be held in Terenzano on 02.06.2016. Teams competing: Slovenia, Germany, Latvia and Italy. Norway on standby.

Russia is TBC... if they drop out then the 2nd team from Terenzano will replace them.