British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

That was the poorest meeting I have seen at the NSS and I have attended every EL match, a few Colts meetings and the British Final. Not only was passing at a premium but there was generally significant spacing between riders and that is certainly not what we usually see.

The explanation is as given by Philip Rising. The track was smooth, no bumps, no ruts and there was so much grip that riders of that quality were generally uncatchable. Let's hope the weather stays dry today and that we can see the sort of track we have seen for much of this season. It just shows that tracks with more grip are not necessarily conducive to good racing.

The general organisation last night seemed to work well, no problems with parking and no queues to get into the stadium when I arrived. There were problems with the PA on the third and fourth bends so hopefully, the sound levels can be ramped up a bit tonight.

Edited by Aces51

Best bit about last night was the meal in the curry mile. What an area like going to another country!

Yep that why I recommended it at Cardiff, which one did you go to?

The track was TOO GOOD smooth ,grip and every rider loved it so your saying that when they get the racing surface they all ask for it is no good to race on ,this could only happen in this sport !!!!!!!!!!

IT'S great for them to race on, the riders love it, but that doesn't means it's conducive to very close racing with plenty pf passing at this level. Certainly not much chance of Jason Doyle on current from getting passed by anyone.

• Like 1

I am sad to say that was the worst meeting i have seen at the NSS and i have been to them all inc the colts meetings hope tonights match is more like what i am used to watching.

But my biggest whinge is saved for that £10 programme what a waste of money.The score chart is the worst i have ever seen nowhere to record the race times nowhere to write tac subs scores and nowhere to write the ind riders final score etc total bobbins.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

Track was too good, hence the ultra-fast times and track records.

It was consistent and grippy all over. It needs to be made slicker on the inside and slicker going into turns 1 and 3. It should be only be very grippy on the outside and coming out of turns 2 and 4.

The Elite League and National League meetings have provided consistently good racing all year....then the FIM come along...

The big temporary stand on the 3rd/4th bend really complete the stadium.....It's going to be a superb atmosphere when it's packed out tonight.

Worst thing was the terrible £10 programme which was a rip-off.

If charging £10 for a programme they could at least bother to proof-read it. Full of mistakes. What exactly is racing "Caster"? Is it like Castor?

No space for race times.

When there's a tactical substitute you're trying to write the scores in a black square.

Last 4 heats badly laid out.

Racecard says in the event of a tie it goes on countback, but we were told that if Aussie and Denmark had tied it would have been a run-off.

referee let the Aussies move at the start . and should have excluded fricke . hugely dissapointed with the whole thing . crap racing and an Aussie ref . can only hope the swedes and Poles have their gating boots on tonight ,

• Like 5

I thought lots of the starts were unsatisfactory too. Who was the ref?

The track was TOO GOOD smooth ,grip and every rider loved it so your saying that when they get the racing surface they all ask for it is no good to race on ,this could only happen in this sport !!!!!!!!!!

My initial thought also when i read Phil's post, but thinking about it, it can also happen in Cricket if the pitch is too good, you end up with a boring draw.

I thought lots of the starts were unsatisfactory too. Who was the ref?

A German

IT'S great for them to race on, the riders love it, but that doesn't means it's conducive to very close racing with plenty pf passing at this level. Certainly not much chance of Jason Doyle on current from getting passed by anyone.

Let's see what tonight brings as for Doyle hats off faultless performance just hope it doesn't end up a battle of the" rocket ship" engines tonight but suspect it will.

Let's see what tonight brings as for Doyle hats off faultless performance just hope it doesn't end up a battle of the" rocket ship" engines tonight but suspect it will.

it does seem a battle of the engines and not the riders

hope tonight proves me wrong

They putting some extra speakers up in front of East stand now I been told.

• Like 1

Is it the same referee for the final as the race-off?

Programme covers both meetings but only lists the one referee some presume it's the same one?. (Then again the programme was such a cock-up you can't trust it for anything).

Australia worthy winners, didn't even need Fricke or the stupid joker. None of the Danes are as good as they were, including Iversen.

Nicki seems more concerned about his appearance than his riding these days-knew Greg would outlast him at the top. :wink:

Russia are a two man team, I've never rated Artem-never seems to be trying.

Sweden could nick it tonight, but with their strength in depth, I can see the Poles dominating in years to come.