British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

Poor start from Hans Nielsen as team manager.No way on earth should a team with Kurtz and Masters in it beat Denmark.Masters beat every Danish rider bar Iversen!!!!!God help us if that team beats most of our riders tonight.We have to be going out and beating all bar Doyle.Tai has to be beating all of them and got to hope that one or two of the others beat Doyle as well.Then we have to be picking off the other teams as well......

Last nights meeting seriously lacked the Nicki P factor, it was dull and only the close score at the end kept any lingering interest for me.

Seen some footage of practice, looks like less dirt on the inside, but then someone else said they were relaying the track after practice!!!

Hope it's a different ref tonight - far too many rollers at the start last night.

You thinking about pairs meeting... How could 6 man teams work when there are 3 countries in the world who can bring in 4 top level riders?

Let's go with 4 then. Two pairings and a reserve ;)

I've often thought the World Cup is an odd format with it being a team event and yet the riders ride as individuals.

I'd like to see riders paired together, more tactics come into play, especially if you have a 4,3,2,0 scoring system.

4 man teams and a reserve or 6 man teams could work.

I hate the 4,3,2,0 scoring system. Rider's should always be looking to win races. Winning heats by being 2nd & 3rd I don't get, especially as no riders tend to team ride these days.

Most of the time a team comes out on top with the standard 3,2,1,0.

I do agree though that a format riding as a team in pairs would be better

Yep that why I recommended it at Cardiff, which one did you go to?

Punjab. Has the dosa starter and it was lovely.

Josh Grajczonek in for max fricke

Harsh on Kurtz who did a good job.

I thought Brady looked a little off the pace personally think it is the right call bringing on Josh G who was initially strongly considered by Lemo and would had got the nod ahead of Kurtz anyway if it wasnt for the under 21 rule, has looked very fast at The Abbey recently as well as Zummerzet tend to think BV could suit him but will need to brush up on the gating a little or at least be in close contention off the ist corners

Harsh on Kurtz who did a good job.

Not just harsh on Kurtz, i think it weakens Australia

Now with two Swindon riders riding for Aus will find it more difficult deciding who to shout for if it is close between GB and Australia.

Edited by A ORLOV

Josh Grajczonek in for max fricke

Strange decision from Lemon, IMO Kurtz did everything asked of him last night and should be in the team for tonight. Maybe there are few alternatives as an Under-21 reserve but still should bevKurtz, weakens the Aussies.

If you are recording tonight's match via Sky and have set 'series record' check that it has worked. I did and it recorded both events one and two plus the play-off but I have had to re-set record again for the final.

• Like 1

No brainer to go with Josh G's experience.

• Like 1

Now with two Swindon riders riding for Aus will find it more difficult deciding who to shout for if it is close between GB and Australia.

There should be no decision to make when your countries involved

• Like 1

Could they have had Jack Holder at reserve & Brady in the team?.

If not then they had to keep Brady at reserve & bring another rider in.

Strange decision from Lemon, IMO Kurtz did everything asked of him last night and should be in the team for tonight. Maybe there are few alternatives as an Under-21 reserve but still should bevKurtz, weakens the Aussies.

A hard decision as Brady earnt a place in the top four last night but who would be as good as him if the reserve was needed again tonight.