Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

If the SWC is to have the host nation seeded to the final that host country MUST be worth their place in that final. Having a 3 team final would be a farce. It could be argued GB didn't deserve a place in 2016 but we have the world champion and got a silver. Can't see CZ, Germany, Latvia doing the same.

Whatever suits BSI financially is what will happen, doesn't matter to them .....

Agree with those about the host nation having to race in the race off rather than going straight to the final, maybe the top two could go to the final from the race off. As for the venue for next years SWC Prague gets my vote.

Agree with those about the host nation having to race in the race off rather than going straight to the final, maybe the top two could go to the final from the race off. As for the venue for next years SWC Prague gets my vote.

That is how the original SWC format worked.

Winners of the 2 semi's into the final then top 2 from the race-off.

The reason it changed was the fact that if the host nation didn't make the final the were no crowds.

Think this happened in Sweden & Poland if my memory is serving me correctly that the stadiums were half empty for the SWC final.