British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Leslie

Buxton 2016

Olly needed a spot in the National league, was desperate for it last season, so hopefully he gets signed up in the Premier League aswell, and will do him the world of good, as the talents there.

• Like 1

And Ryan Blacklock is going back to hitmen as well looking decent for Buxton atm but like pipe said he has to build the team around Ollie now

• Like 1

Well?

We've had an appeal for meths sponsorship, but we don't know whom we are sponsoring apart from Ryan, Steve and Ollie.

Four places left and time marches on Mr. Pipe and Mrs. Moss.

Also, it would seem to me that travel costs far outweigh methanol costs for riders and the mileage payment is a pittance.

Further, support may falter if Scunthorpe are running on Sunday evenings, is there any bar on speedway running on sunday mornings, road race, grasstrack and MX do, I cannot see why speedway shouldn't, particularly if it cuts down dust because of the track being more moist?

That way, supporters could, if they wished, watch at both venues and theoretically riders could be at both tracks if required too.

Announcements regarding the team are being made on a regular basis. Rest assured all is in hand regarding team members. As for running on a Sunday morning that's a no go as far as we are concerned due to work commitments. We have run for over 20 years on a Sunday afternoon at 3pm with relatively few problems and have no plans to change that.

• Like 1

I really do admire what all connected with Buxton achieve with so little resource. Here's hoping to another steady season, at least! :t:

• Like 4

So Buxton have signed Shelby Rutherford then. Last time he was over here I watched him a few time and while he clearly had a decent amount of talent he seemed to lack the machinery or the maintenance of that machinery. If he focuses a bit more than he did a few years ago he could be a tidy signing.

So Buxton have signed Shelby Rutherford then. Last time he was over here I watched him a few time and while he clearly had a decent amount of talent he seemed to lack the machinery or the maintenance of that machinery. If he focuses a bit more than he did a few years ago he could be a tidy signing.

Thought Australians weren't allowed in NL now? Only British passport holders? How has he got a British passport?

The PR from Buxton did suggest he has better machinery than last time around.

On a 3.50 average, he's definitely worth the risk

• Like 1

Thought Australians weren't allowed in NL now? Only British passport holders? How has he got a British passport?

He has dual nationality and has a current British Passport.

• Like 1

Good sourcing from Buxton yet again and given Buxton's record with promising Aussie's could be a real star signing.

Edited by Sings4Kings

Was exciting to watch from what I remember before? (Most Aussie are)

Really hope this one works out for Buxton, if it does they could have atleast a 6 pointer on there hands!

Buxton are shaping up to be a very dangerous looking side. A lot hinges on Rutherford & Jones delivering a bit and who the reserves will be is any ones guess but if they can get a few points from each they should be tough to beat at home and pick up a few points on the road.